• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Album art not showing up

D

Deleted User

So I have all my music in AAC (m4a) format on my phone with "AlbumArt.jpg" in every folder. I also tried using MP3Tag on a couple, but they still don't show up. (Actually there are *two* albums that have art, and I have no idea what is different about them) I even downloaded Album Art Grabber, but when I boot it, it is just a black screen. If I move my files on to an SD card everything works fine, but I don't have an SD card big enough for all my music. Any ideas? :thinking:

I have put some of it the SD card, where it works, but then moved it back
Well, the thing is all of my music is on the SD Card. I had some on there, and all of the album art showed up then I proceeded to take it off due to some reason I can't think of right now, and then I put it back on, and none of the album art showed up.

I think maybe if you format the card again, and then put music on, it should work. I don't really have an idea if that's true or not though. :(

Upvote 0
I also had this issue with much of my album art not showing up on the phone, but ultimately I fixed. I tried just copying my iTunes library files onto my phone (or the SD card), but the only pictures that the phone recognized were ones that I applied manually to the songs, such that any pictures that iTunes found for me did not show up. My solution was a little tedious and probably not ideal for some of you, but I ended up using "Mp3tag" to apply a new picture to each album that did not previously show up. This works whether your music files are on your SD card or directly on your phone. That software is also nice since it lists the song library on your phone if you select it to, and it indicates which music files don't have album art applied to them so that you know which ones to search for.

Anyway, this worked for me and took ~30 minutes to complete the process for my 250-song library. I also had an issue with the phone simply not recognizing some pictures once they were already applied, but just rebooting the phone and the music player a couple of times fixed this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones