Album art tags and stuff

Last Updated:

1. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok.so I have about 500 songs all missing the album title and artwork. The file name doesn't have the album name, just the song title and artist.
    What's the best way to get the album titles and artwork? I've tried a few mp3 tag editor programs I downloaded. None seem to be able to look up the album.
    sorry if this is a nub question. I'm 35 and when I was a kid, if you wanted to change the name on an album, you did it with a sharpie :)
    Thanks for your help.

Advertisement
  2. walkerakl

walkerakl Active Member

I use mp3 tag editor. If you have no idea what the album is, then you'll have to look it up online. Then, MP3 tag editor will match up the songs on the album (with your help of course) and create the tag with the artwork. I spent 3 days this week tagging 850 songs! It sucks while you're doing it, but man is it worth it in the end.

artvandalay22222 likes this.
  3. ADPowah

ADPowah Member

Similar experience I used Media Monkey to repopulate all of my tags, it took a while but it was worth it for me. MM does have an auto-tag ability but its not always spot-on, just watch it and do it in small batches and you'll be fine.

4. artvandalay22222

Thanks I'll try when I get home. The sucky thing I'd that within that 500 songs very few are from the same artist let alone the same album

5. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

I just fixed about 2000 songs and learned a lot in the process:

1. If your files are AAC (you ripped in iTunes and never bothered to see that they were not MP3) - don't bother trying to tag them. I did use MP3tag and went through all only to find out that 50% still would NOT display album art.
    2. Again, rerip any AAC files from CD to MP3
    3. use MediaMonkey or MP3Tag to tag all your files
    4. MediaMonkey syncs to the captivate - either in MediaPlayer or Mass Storage mode

6. artvandalay22222

Syncs as in changes the tags? If I has music on captivate but not on media monkey, does it sync it to mm?

All my files are mp3.

With mp3tag, does it look up the album?
    My problem is, that i dont have time to sit there and manually type in the album for each of the tunes. Its a top 500 rock songs compilation so almost everysong is from a different album.
    What I need is a program that looks at song title and artist to find what album it belongs on, and fixes it.
    Album art would be nice too, but I can use other things for that.

Thanks guys for all the help

7. michindi

michindi Member

I will have to try this