1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Album Artwork Help

Last Updated:

1. KingJames

KingJames New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I purchased a Nexus One a couple of months ago and I am happy to say I feel like I made the right decision. The music player I wasn't to impressed with though so I downloaded Mixzing. I love the app, it works great and is very smooth. But I was wondering how can I get album artwork into this app. Please Reply as soon as possible, Thanks. :)

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! :) You'll get more replies in the appropriate section for this post, so I'll move it for you! :)

3. Jim255

Jim255 Active Member

In a similar vein, I am using Realplayer on my Desire. Artwork seems to get displayed if there is a jpg file in the album folder.
    Can anyone confirm this, and also if the same applies to other music player apps?

4. neblap

neblap Member

I was pulling my hair out on my Hero, trying to get the album artwork to display. Then purely by accident I discovered that if you place a .jpg file called AlbumArt.jpg in the folder containing the music it displays it.

I am new to Android so not sure if this will work on the Desire or Nexus One, but perhaps its worth a try :)

5. Jim255

Jim255 Active Member

I have answered my own question to some extent. Realplayer will display the first jpg file (alphabetically) that it sees in the album folder. Not absolutely sure, but the HTC music player seems to do the same.

6. mrdoom

mrdoom New Member

there are a couple of album art grabber apps on the market. i think they are paid but should do the job!

7. NoShineMM

NoShineMM Well-Known Member

i use the cubed player. it gets the artwork for you. you have to make sure all the music files have the right information tho. Any Art Grabber needs the info to be correct to go grab it. Check out the Cubed Music player in the market. its free.