• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Album Artwork problem

mike710_0

Mar 26, 2013
Having trouble regarding album artwork

All my albums are fine but I have a music folder with various songs but each song shows the same album artwork

I use MP3 Tag on my Windows XP laptop to name all the fields (artist,album,genre,track) and MP3 Tag does show each songs album artwork

When its transferred over to my GS3 though it will only show one album artwork for all the songs

Anyone know how to fix this?

All my albums are fine but I have a music folder with various songs but each song shows the same album artwork

I use MP3 Tag on my Windows XP laptop to name all the fields (artist,album,genre,track) and MP3 Tag does show each songs album artwork

When its transferred over to my GS3 though it will only show one album artwork for all the songs

I don't have a real answer, but I had the same issue with my GS3. I use Banshee media player on my PC, and all artwork is fine, put it on the phone and it goes mad.
I have Winamp on my phone, so paid for the Gracenote plugin and that sorted it.

Upvote 0

Some desktop programs don't actually place physical album art into MP3 file.
Sometimes they create a copy and link it to specific file during playback.

I edit all my mp3 with iTunes, in fact the only reason I have it on my PC.
Organize, name and label all the files, manually drag drop Album covers to every file (or group at one go). I move music in and out of S3 and Note 2 very often, at least 3 to 4 times a week, and I never had a single problem with covers. They all works seamlessly.

Perhaps you could give it a try.

Upvote 0

Organize, name and label all the files, manually drag drop Album covers to every file (or group at one go). I move music in and out of S3 and Note 2 very often, at least 3 to 4 times a week, and I never had a single problem with covers. They all works seamlessly.

I personally can't stand itunes as I find it a nightmare to use.

What exact fields do you label (artist, track etc)

Upvote 0

I was very precise with my iTunes library. All tags proper ID3v2, highres album art and what not. Got my S3 and some showed goobledigoo.

Upvote 0
I have the following fields album, artist, genre, title. This gives all songs the same artwork but if I add the album/artist field the songs will have their own artwork, only problem is there not in one folder! The folder is called 'new songs' so instead of having one folder with all the tracks in there now all seperate. Cant win!

Upvote 0
Works. Thanks for the suggestion. Still, would love to know why Android ignores iTunes tagged files, given that Windows Media player, PlayStation 3 and Banshee on Linux can see it perfectly (embedded).

When I had my HTC phones there was no problems on tagging my music, must be a Sumsung issue. Good to see that MP3DIT worked for you

Upvote 0
I have the same issue with my Samsung phone. It was fine on my old HTC phone. On my Samsung phone, I just use the Cover Art Downloader app to get cover art on my Samsung phone. It's inconvenient to have to set it twice, but this is the best solution I can find at the moment. Cover Art Downloader is very good and automatically gets the cover art for almost all of my songs.

Upvote 0
I personally can't stand itunes as I find it a nightmare to use.

What exact fields do you label (artist, track etc)

I can't stand iTunes as well :)

But I have bunch of apple products here so I use it sometimes for the kids' ipads
and my mp3s.

Anyway, I put full description, often add lyrics, mark songs and group as different compilations. And of course I use custom size artwork to suit the device's display. Making sure it look crispy on the display. I also use it to assign an equalizer preset. I have big mix of music and prefer if certain genre uses its own settings.

Other than that, I stay as far away from iTunes as possible :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones