Albums duplicated after Froyo update...Support

Last Updated:

1. Pitmonkey

Pitmonkey Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I debranded and upgraded my Desire to Froyo last night (Woohoo!) and now the music player has duplicate entries for certain albums.

Basically, when I look through the albums in the list it shows some albums twice and when you select each one you get one entry which has all the right tracks and a second with maybe 2 duplicate tracks in. If I delete the extra tracks I lose them from the correct album entry so the files themselves don't seem to be doubled, only the entry in the media player.

Anybody else had this problem? I've tried deleting the offending albums and adding them using both Windows Media Player and by adding them into the relevant folders using Explorer but it makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Settings, apps, manage apps. Try clearing the cache of the music player

3. Pitmonkey

Pitmonkey Member This Topic's Starter

No, tried that and the cache for the music player was already empty. Thanks for the idea though...

Anyone else having this problem?

4. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

I had this problem, the phone shows dulpicates even when there definately arent any on the sdcard.

In the end I removed all music by cutting and pasting it to a folder on my pc while connected by usb. I then disconnected and rebooted the phone and let it update media files. Then reconnected it to the pc and re copied the files back to the sdcard. Then rebooted again and let it update media files one more time.

this removed all duplicate sound files and music files.

SUroot likes this.