Albums/Picture Viewer Not Showing in Order?General

Last Updated:

1. en WyCe

en WyCe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Use Picture Viewer to read e-books and such... Well, try to. It seems it does show the files in order? By that, I mean alphabetically by filename. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Advertisement
  2. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

Is this a problem for you or what's the point of the post?

3. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

ya im not quite sure what the OP is asking either.

4. en WyCe

en WyCe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, this is a problem I am having. For example, I'll have files named 001.jpg, 002.jpg, etc. Instead, the order I get is 003.jpg, 004.jpg, 001.jpg, 002.jpg.

5. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

Yeah, the organization of my pictures is one of my biggest frustrations. Salling Media Sync just copies all my iPhoto pics into a single folder on the SD card, and the Eris doesn't even show all those pictures in any kind of consistent order. They'll be arranged somewhat chronologically from top-to-bottom, but there are always strange exceptions throughout.

If I could find a program that would convert my iPhoto events into separate folders on the phone, then I would overlook this annoying flaw.

6. roadRUNN3R

roadRUNN3R Member

i think the problem starts, when you delete pictures... say you have a sequence 001, 002, 003, 004, 005... then you delete 003 and 004 because they're blurry or something... well, this creates a hole in the sequence, so the next two pictures that you take are going to be named 003 and 004 again and the third will continue with 006

the picture viewer in android is actually able to view the pics in the order they were taken (timestamps maybe?), but when you want to view them on your PC, windows will go by the filenames... i can think of a pretty simple fix, but i don't know why it hasn't been implemented... when you delete a picture in a sequence, the pics after should be automatically renamed -n...

that would solve the issue imo... also timestamps and such metadata can become corrupted for whatever reason, that's why i think that filenames are the way to go and i like the way android names pictures you take... but i also think this is a big flaw, i delete pics all the time, cause my hands aren't exactly rock solid when i take them, then when i view them on the PC, it's a huge annoyance not having them in the right order :(