1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

alcatel authoritySupport

Last Updated:

1. reggjoo

reggjoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there root for this phone?

Advertisement
  2. reggjoo

If anyone's listening, the usb id's for this phone are 1bbb, 9018. Seems like there's some potential for it, it just needs to be rooted, and gingerbread kicked out.

3. reggjoo

Had to manipulate the google usb driver, and add the ID's to it, still no luck in rooting it. Lots of safeguards(Nq security, radioshack stuff, and I think Muve music). This isn't a easy phone. Superoneclick, Universal Root, Gingerbreak, etc.. Fail! The only progress is the USB installer not starting up, when I start the computer, or plug it in.

4. reggjoo

Well, looking around, I went to cricketusers, and someone replied to my query there. His name is dazeone.

Re: Root and driver?
    Want to root through phone here is a link you well need to use
    http://db.tt/l40rfkwS

and download minstro 2 from app market install minstro 2 then run poop-debug poof rooted used root explorer to change system file worked oh and download super user too
    Sent from my ADR3010 using Tapatalk 2

Read more: Root and driver?

5. reggjoo

Wow! It's the first of the year, and no replies? I know people have this phone, seen three, where I live, and I don't get out much. There's a root method for it, and by using adbinsecure, and by using adb, and qtadb, plus eclipse, you have a good work enviroment. There's no clockworkmod, or other custom recovery for it(Need someone to make one), This phone has a 4.3 inch screen, 1.4Ghz soc, and gpu, flash, dlna, and gingerbread( I know, yuk). Please help!

6. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello. How is the root working out for you? Though there have been no replies to your thread, I couldn't help but notice it's been viewed over 700 times. It must have some interest even if they aren't asking questions or leaving comments.

7. mudflaps

mudflaps Member

I used the poot.apk and it worked pretty good. Everything was pretty straightforward. I mainly did it to get rid of all the god awful bloatware (2 radio's? seriously on an unlimited music plan who needs 2 G.D. radios?) It was my first ever root. Will there be an update 4.0 anytime soon?

8. reggjoo

No ICS, it's not as if the phone can't run it. Too many new phones coming out, and interest can wane pretty fast in the android community.

9. Fock

Fock New Member

I'm trying to use Metamorph on my Alcatel Authority and it keeps telling me "USB Debugging must be enabled". I have rooted my phone but I am still noob to all this and learning as I go basically. So is it safe to do and how do I go about doing it? Thanks in advance!

10. ep623

ep623 New Member

Can i update a Alcatel adr3010 software