Alcatel One Touch randomly shuts off, HELP!!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by maxbot, Feb 17, 2017.

1. maxbot

maxbot New Member

Feb 17, 2017
    so, for too long of a time now my phone has been randomly shutting off and i have no clue what to do about it. it happens all the time but sometimes in spurts, over and over for like an hour. i tried letting it sit while off and i tried factory resetting it but nothing works. factory resetting it stopped it from turning off for maybe a week at most. i dont think any of the apps i have did it either because ive always had these apps. one thing i do notice is sometimes right before it turns off a ⚠ will show up in my notification bar and before i can see what it says it turns off. a few people have said that maybe it was the battery not being connected all the way, but the battery i have doesnt come out. im not sure what else to do but i cant afford a new phone either. please help :(

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    If you look at the battery stats in settings>battery does it show a sharp power drop? That could be an indication of a failing battery which could cause the symptoms you are describing.

maxbot likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好
    VIP Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I've you've had it a while, could be the battery is finished and needs replacing.

4. maxbot

maxbot New Member

Feb 17, 2017
    i checked the battery tab and it is just dropping off at those times. is there anything i can do about it??

5. lunatic59

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Replace the battery. It's a hardware problem.

What is the model number of your phone? Apparently there are a good number of phones sold as a "one touch"

6. maxbot

maxbot New Member

Feb 17, 2017
    aww man i cant afford that
    and its an A621BL :00

7. lunatic59

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    From what I can see, this is a Pixi Glory (sp.?) that was sold by MVNO's like tracfone and straight talk. It looks to have been released sometime last year so if it's under 1 year old you could probably get it fixed under warranty.