1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Aldiko won't import book

1. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

Before I upgraded to 2.2 I had to find a lot of memory space on my phone. I deleted and number of applications including Aldiko.

I had only two books on that; just started using it. One I was reading, a download from Project Gutenberg, and the other, an epub, book was next in line.

However when I reinstalled Aldiko, after the upgrade, the book I was reading is there but the epub book is not.

The epub book is on /sd card/Import but when I ask Aldiko to import it says nothing found.

How can I get Aldiko to import my book?

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Had you imported the second book into Aldiko before you changed to 2.2, or was it waiting to be imported?
    If it had not imported yet, then I'd suspect a bad file, and suggest you try to download it again.
    If you had imported it, then the book is already in the ebooks directory under the author folder (though Aldiko won't see it). You might try deleting the author directory and then see if Aldiko will import the book.
    And a last thought, if you had imported the book done a Titanium Backup (or similar) before upgrading, you could try just restoring the data for Aldiko.
  3. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

Book Imported; waiting to be read.

"You might try deleting the author directory and then see if Aldiko will import the book." tried this but failed

It is "on" my book shelf so I can't redownload it?

However when I press it on my book shelf it saves "Please check your SD card"

I have not used Titanium backup. But have the epub on my PC.
  4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Long press the book that's on your bookshelf and then delete it from your bookshelf. After that try to import it again. I've noticed before that if a books is on my bookshelf that Aldiko will display a message 'Book already on bookshelf'. I ASSUME that means it's not going to import it. That also makes me believe it's looking at the bookshelf, not looking at the directory to see if the book is actually there.
  5. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

Thank you for the tip.

Now works
  6. alissamay

alissamay New Member

i successfully imported ebooks but not all is imported. how can i solve this problem? when i checked the Import folder, Three ebooks are still there. What should I do? Please respond asap.