• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Aldiko wont import books

trapt4orlife

Oct 12, 2010
I have the motorola devour(sucks i know) and the latest aldiko, i have imported one book before, and today i tried importing a few, both multiple at a time and one at a time and i could not get it to "find" any of the books, they were all converted to epub via calibre, and all placed in the import folder(in ebook) anyone know any solutions?!

I have the motorola devour(sucks i know) and the latest aldiko, i have imported one book before, and today i tried importing a few, both multiple at a time and one at a time and i could not get it to "find" any of the books, they were all converted to epub via calibre, and all placed in the import folder(in ebook) anyone know any solutions?!
If you moved them by drag&drop, try using Calibre's "save to disk" option; I've occasionally found that worked better, not sure why.

Do the books have DRM? Can you view them OK on the desktop with a nonproprietary epub viewer like FBReader or the Firefox .epub addon?

Upvote 0
If you moved them by drag&drop, try using Calibre's "save to disk" option; I've occasionally found that worked better, not sure why.

Do the books have DRM? Can you view them OK on the desktop with a nonproprietary epub viewer like FBReader or the Firefox .epub addon?
If they had DRM then Calibre would not have converted them.

I too use Calibre to convert to epub. I've never had a problem with them importing into Aldiko.

Drag and Drop should give an identical file as Save to Disk. An alternative is to use the Open Folder link in the pane viewer and just take the file from the Explore window that opens. Again though, they should all be the same epub.

Are you sure you are using the import folder that resides in the folder Aldiko uses for it's library?

Reactions: trapt4orlife
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones