1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Alert app needed

Last Updated:

1. daz1968uk

daz1968uk New Member This Topic's Starter

I have just got a Galaxy s and i am looking for an app that i can set up my own alerts i used to be able to set up different things on my blackberry so when i was in work it would just vibrate and beep on a message also looking for a notification app for missed calls messages etc i hope someone can help :)

Advertisement
  2. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

These all are set up through the applications that handle whatever you want a notification for.

For example, for email, you change the notification in the Gmail app. Some apps, like Handcent SMS will let you customize both the tone and vibrate pattern for texts. AFAIK, there's not one single app that will do everyting you want it to do. Just look in the settings of each application.

3. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

A friend of mine needed something similar he tried many options from the market and decided on Quick Profiles you could also look into Locale - I guess you can give that a spin to see if it fits the bill. He also uses Missed Call.

I use Launcher Pro Plus since it blows away the stock launcher and it has Missed Calls, and Unread SMS along with a new bookmark popup and so much more - very nice so you might want to take a look at it.

Handcent or SMS Popup will give reminders for missed texts - Launcher Pro Plus (which is the best thing on my phone IMO) does it as well. It does so much its the only thing that is a MUST HAVE on my phone.

Hope someone else can throw other ideas/apps at you. Good luck

4. canrunin

canrunin Well-Known Member

missed call