Alert Message: Low System MemorySupport

Last Updated:

1. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone got this yet? I did my manual update to RC29 last night, and everything went fine. This morning, I was awoken by my alarm and that was OK as well - answered an email and went to a website - from there, I got the Alert Message that the System Memory was low.

I clicked on the alery button and was brought to the Application Manager. Now, not knowing off-hand what resources and memory should or is normal to be allocated to each app, does anyone want to share their memory usage for the system and apps?

My browser is at 31MB... that was the only real stand out as for apps that would have memory usage go up and down. There is an option to clear all data, but I dont feel like losing all my bookmarks if its not going to fix the memory issue.

I shut down and rebooted - no messages so far. So, we will see how the day unfolds.

Feel free to share your experiences.

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

First off nice to see you again! Awesome to see you using the G1 too.

Second I have noticed my memory notice quite a bit. I think the trigger is 7 or 8 mb free. I do have the update (RC29) already.

But I also am downloading a lot of apps to try them out. A bit frustrating to keep tight management of this situation. I am constantly deciding which apps to keep/delete.

3. GODMODE

GODMODE Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dk - good to see you! I have been downloading and removing a lot of apps myself. Perhaps the reboot straightened this out. I am unsure how much memory is allocated for apps (128 perhaps?). Either way, it has only happened once, which is promising :)

4. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

It was happening a lot to me and I was constantly managing apps, but I realized even when I had 9MB free that the issue was the "big dogs" so I sorted by app size and just picked off a game that I didn't play much and that was a 6mb chunk.

I should be good for a while now. (I hope.)