• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alerts on G1.. very limited?

rposeidon

Lurker
Oct 29, 2008
I like to think that I am pretty good at figuring phones and whatnot out... but I guess I need some help here.
1) Is there any way to silence the ringer, but have the phone vibrate ONLY for texts and phone calls? Like most other phones?
2) While on a phone call, I would like a notification of sorts of a received text message or email, besides just an icon. Anything?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Unlike Windows Mobile you don't have the luxury of just selecting a profile with a vibrate notification, YET. (I'm sure some saavy programmer is out there plugging away for us right now!) What you have to do in the interim is go in and tell each function (Email, Ring, Messages) to vibrate when you get a notification. For example:

If you want your phone to vibrate when you get a call go to Settings ==> Sound & Display ==> Phone Vibrate (Or you can press the volume bar on the side of the phone down until it Vibrates)

If you want your G1 to vibrate when you receive a text, you have to go into Messages==> Hit Menu ==> Settings ==> Vibrate

If you want your G1 to vibrate when you receive an email, you have to go into Email==> Hit Menu ==> Account Settings ==> Vibrate

Once you have the Vibrate option checked within these menus, whenever you put the phone on Vibrate (via the side volume bar) you will get vibrate notifications for your emails/texts. (So you only have to do this once) If you have the ringer on, you will get whatever ringtone you have selected for that particular notification PLUS a brief vibrate.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones