• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ALFA D81 - Help Please on Charging

I was given a smartphone by my children (Android 2.3 MTK6515) and it came in a box and I think it is all in Chinese, and the manual is in Chinese as well. It is a ALFA D81 with "Google" on the back.

I managed to get the battery and the sim card fro my old phone in but I am new to smartphones and need help.

I plugged the adapter to the house Power and then plugged the USB cable to this adaptor and then the other end of the cable to the phone.

Nothing seems to be happening though so I was wondering if I have it set up OK, is there some button I am supposed to press ??? The screen remains blank and there is no lights on the phone ?

Because I don't have a manual in English and can't find one on the web I am running blind. I would have thought that there would be some indication it is charging ???

Thanks.

PS: I am an old fart and this is all new to me.

I was given a smartphone by my children (Android 2.3 MTK6515) and it came in a box and I think it is all in Chinese, and the manual is in Chinese as well. It is a ALFA D81 with "Google" on the back.

I managed to get the battery and the sim card fro my old phone in but I am new to smartphones and need help.

I plugged the adapter to the house Power and then plugged the USB cable to this adaptor and then the other end of the cable to the phone.

Nothing seems to be happening though so I was wondering if I have it set up OK, is there some button I am supposed to press ??? The screen remains blank and there is no lights on the phone ?

Because I don't have a manual in English and can't find one on the web I am running blind. I would have thought that there would be some indication it is charging ???

Thanks.

PS: I am an old fart and this is all new to me.

That seems to be your issue. A battery should have come with your phone and should be used. They generally are device specific and may have connectors in a different place. Try using the battery that came with the phone.

Upvote 0
That seems to be your issue. A battery should have come with your phone and should be used. They generally are device specific and may have connectors in a different place. Try using the battery that came with the phone.

I didn't notice that in the post. That could certainly cause a phone not to charge, using an incorrect battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones