All About the Lock ScreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. Chillum

Chillum Member This Topic's Starter

New phone Captivate Couple of immediate questions

1. My friend just got a Droid phone for Verizon and he has the PUZZLE lock screen All the time (not just when theres a missed Message or Call <mine only does that). Can this ben changed?

2. Is there an App for a Screen Tap turn on, I dont enjoy pressing the button on the side everytime?

3. Are there any other Screen lock Apps other than LockBot free?

Kinda sad about learning ATT are data nazis and Settings blockers, Other than that i love the Phone

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

Well there is widget locker if you Don like the stock lockscreen but its not free.

As far as the puzzle piece that's the way Samsung made it, they didn't want to have the puzzle piece there the whole time it has nothing to do with att.

And also what settings are you talking about that att locked down? I haven't seen any settings that other phones have that this on doesn't.

3. ntdb

ntdb Active Member

1. I believe that the leaked 2.2 has this option (puzzle-piece lock screen) available. Whether it will remain in the official release is impossible to say. It's not available on a stock Captivate.

2. I don't know, but this would seem to be undesirable as the phone would easily unlock itself in your pocket, etc. You can, however, disable the lock screen (so you would reach your homescreen immediately after pressing the lock button on the side) with the app No Lock. I haven't used it but it gets great reviews.

[​IMG]

4. Dennis_Bham

Dennis_Bham Well-Known Member

FWIW, No Lock works great for me on 2.1 and 2.2 ...

5. Chillum

hmm ok I researched widget locker, ppl say resource hog, but ill try it

And the No Lock, It looks good, i was hoping i could touch the front screen once, and then slide to unlock. sounds like i need to learn how to write Apps lol

Im learning to avoid Apps with Ads to save on unwanted Data usage. eg: Advanced Task killer.

6. ChanceM

ChanceM Member

Hey Chillum,
    I brought this to the forums attention a week ago you can give it a go. Check out my post http://androidforums.com/samsung-captivate/185630-stock-lock-screen.html.
    Maybe we can get a mod to sticky it to the Root section.

There is a screen shot of the outcome and instructions on how to get the stock lock screen. Unfortunately you cant have a tap to unlock. When the phone enters a sleep state it disables the screen input. You would have to never allow your phone to enter a sleep state.

lockbot and widget locker don't really change the lock screen they just kind of open in place of it and that makes them laggy. With the info at the link above you are actually changing back to the stock Android 2.1 lock screen, because this is native there is 0 delay and functions just like you would expect your phone too, quick!

7. Chillum

Page not found :(

8. ntdb

ntdb Active Member

Here's a working link:
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-captivate/185630-stock-lock-screen.html

9. jburbrink

jburbrink Member

Ctrl Lock used to be on the market but now it is not. No idea why but it works great for me. It allows you to press the sleep key to lock the screen and when you return, it goes right to your homescreen w/o the need for unlocking your screen unless you do not check the phone for over 1 hr.

[​IMG]

10. Chillum

Fancy Widget is amazing and it still works on my Captivate. You just gotta scan it offline, not on market....