• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root All Apps Force Closing with Incredibly Re-Engineered 2.3.2

I have been running Incredibly Re-Engineered 2.3.2 for a month or so now, rather flawlessly, and all of a sudden yesterday I began having an issue while downloading Tiger NES from the market. Whenever I tried to open it, it force closed, and the other Tiger emulators I was download were taking entirely too long. I restarted, and the apps finished downloading and stopped FCing. This morning, I tried to download Pew Pew 2 from Amazon, and it wouldn't install due to "lack of space". There was plenty of space, and the error coming up is not the usual Sense bug, but a message that comes up in the installer.

I tell you all of that in case it informs my actual problem. Earlier today, I was having issues where every so often when I rebooted the phone, it would FC a lot, but a second reboot usually helped. Now, every time it's booted, it starts FCing everything, Gmail, google framework, random apps (like Tap Tap 4, Skype mobile, etc), android process acore, and any app that I try to open force closes after a bit of time trying to open, especially if it hooks into Google.

I haven't tried a Nandroid restore yet because I don't have a recent one, and I can't back up via Ti until it stops FCing.

TL;DR: My Incredibly Re-Engineered 2.3.2 phone is FCing everything on startup, making it almost useless. I can't think of a trigger that could've caused this behavior. Could something have gotten corrupted in the rom?

Edit: Also running 2.6.32.17-HeyItsLou-cifs-Tun-Ext4-WN-BFQ rizzo@rizzo-laptop #1 Kernel, which I've been running since I switched to the IR 2.3.2 ROM

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones