All apps on home screen gone!?

Last Updated:

1. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im on the Rom manager 2.1. It's been working for days now and I backup my roms pretty much every day. Today I installed a new app Vlingo and my apps disappeared off my home screen. I restored from 2 days ago, but I'm getting the same thing. The apps load at first, but within 5 minutes, they go away. Then, if I apply some apps on the now empty screens, they will be on top of the old ones when I reboot. What the heck is going on?

Has anyone seen this before?

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Could you somehow be switching to another homeapps? There are other ways to do this but this should be the easiest: Use "home switcher" (available for free in the market) to see what home apps you have installed, browse through (launch) them, and set a default (if that is the problem). Make sure you don't have widgets and icons loaded in the home apps you are not using.

3. tjreishus

I just looked into that, downloaded home switcher, but I only have one home. Never downloaded others on this version. It might be harder for me to figure this out now because I decided to start over. Wiped data and reinstalled 2.1

4. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

If anything the data wipe and reinstallation should solve it. I am still curious what was going on :confused:

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

If that didn't fix it then I would also try formatting system in ROM manager.

6. tjreishus

OK, I don't know if this explains any of what was going on, but now I really don't know what happened. I couldn't take it not working anymore so I was going to reinstall with a wipe, just before I did that I tried one more thing. Keep in mind I had already restored twice, but I continued to have the same problem. The third time I tried a restore but unchecked restore boot, restore system, restore data, restore cache and restore SD-ext. I don't know why I tried this because it would seem by unchecking all these things, it would restore nothing at all. Anyway, I tried it and it worked. Everything works fine now. Unfortunately, I have no idea why. If someone else is capable of explaining it, that would be great.