1. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Why?

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

3. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

That happens to me too; that's why I wonder about this "don't use a task killer" thing. Am I supposed to keep all my apps open whether I'm using them or not?

4. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Most (I SAID MOST) of the apps that start up are looking for updates and new information. They are syncing, downloading, etc. They will usually drift off to sleep again after a short period of time. They will either be in the background or idle just waiting for you to invite them to come out and play.

5. CXXV

CXXV Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

None of those apps should require an update until they are opened. This is an area where I feel Android has missed badly.

There are item that shouldn't be apps (like clock, messaging, browser), they should run off the ROM and then they do this other thing of opening all the apps.

6. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

I don't think Android is at fault. I think HTC is at fault for forcing all that garbage on us without allowing us to uninstall the crap we don't want or use.

7. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member

I hear what you're saying, OTD. I guess it's hard for me, being so used to Windows, to get used to the idea of keeping things open that you're not using. But the other morning I rebooted before I left for work and didn't close anything (I usually do), to see what would happen. By noon my battery was significantly down and I went ahead and killed all the apps.

8. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

yes... thats why boot takes forever... personally as a tweaker (non druggy type) once root comes out im killing most of the startup apps! all hail the root. i'll do my own updates as I please...

>=-)