All around.....a great phone!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Redbird1, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Redbird1

Redbird1 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Chicagoland
    I've had the Fascinate for just over a day. I must say that I'm already lovin' this phone.

I came over from the Blackberry Bold which I had for 3 weeks. The battery started draining so quickly that it couldn't keep a charge for more than 4 or 5 hours. This was after a terrible experience with the BB Storm a while back. I regret to say that BB lost a customer on Friday.

I also tried the Droid X several weeks ago. Great phone, but it just wasn't for me. It was too big, plus the screen colors were a bit dull.

Anyway, back to the Fascinate.....

*The size is just right. (overall size and screen dimensions)
    *I really like the fact that it has a built-in task manager.
    *The camera is great
    *Bing doesn't bother me, because Google maps, nav, and voice search are available
    *Of course, the screen is awesome.

The only "negative" thing I can say is the GPS takes a little long to get a lock. But, waiting a few extra seconds is fine by me.

Not that this should matter in your selection of any electronic device, but I was really surprised that the user review score on CNET was so low. (3 out of 5) Of course, people were rating it 1-star just because of Bing.

Since I just got this phone, I have a lot of customizing and app loading to do. So before I go, Thanks to all on this site that reviewed and commented on the phone!

Advertisement

2. trego

trego Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Retired
    Michigan
    Good luck with your new phone.

3. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    construction
    South Jersey
    Install launcher pro it will make your phone faster. The fascinate is the best phone Verizon has now IMO.

4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    NJ
    welcome aboard! most of us here love the fascinate and are always glad to add another to our growing legion :D