All-around Fresh 2.1.2 help needed

Last Updated:

1. niphoet

niphoet Member This Topic's Starter

I'm really interested in using Fresh 2.1.2. I have a rooted hero running 1.6 stock. I see that I'll need to download the fresh 2.1.2 ROM and the su update. I have used Sprite backup to backup my contacts, SMS, etc. Since I've used Sprite, do I need to still use Nandroid? If I do need to use Nandroid, can someone point me to a detailed tutorial? One last question: After I flash to Fresh 2.1.2, will the phone still be programmed with my phone number or will I need the lock code? Thanks in advance for the help!

--Niphoet

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

yes your phone will still have the same phone number.., ROM's don't change that.. yes you need to make a nadroid backup. A nandroid backup will allow you to undo the ROM you just flashed in case you don't like it or it's not working correctly.

to make a nandroid backup, power off phone. hold home and power on phone. when you see the green and black screen (recovery screen)* let go of home. select backup/restore then choose nand backup. hit home and wait until it's done.

*note: if holding Home doesn't work for you, then try holding volume down while powering on phone to get into the recovery.

3. niphoet

niphoet Member This Topic's Starter

When I hold down the volume down key, I get screen that gives me the options:
    <VOL UP> Fastboot Mode
    <BACK> Simlock
    <HOME> Recovery And when I hold down Home and power, I get a screen with an exclamation point in a triangle.

What am i doing wrong? BTW, here is the rooting tutorial I used: How To: Root Your Sprint HTC Hero | The Unlockr

4. Biggest Fro

Biggest Fro Well-Known Member

try turning it on by pressing the power button, then quickly holding the home key

5. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

get Fresh Kitchen from Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero you can use it to update the recovery to 1.6.2 and you can also use it to tell the phone to reboot recovery... or read the rooting guide at the top of this forum for the adb commands to reboot into recovery..

6. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

<HOME> Recovery is the option you want. It just means push home to boot into recovery. Hope that helps.

7. Zstarkey

Zstarkey Member

Hey guys im having a problem with 2.1.2 i wiped and then installed and it works fine but when i run titanium backup it says that it cant find root and i tried the help button on it to download the busybox or whatever its called but it comes up with some error and wont work. ANY IDEAS

thank you
    Zach starkey

8. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Two things come to mind:

1. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled
    2. Did you flash the SU patch fix?