all contacts not loading anyway to force this?

Last Updated:

1. rolltrain

rolltrain Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all!

I changed roms after backing up the one I was using and the new rom didn't load all my contacts. So I wiped it again and tried to reload the same new rom. Got even less contacts. So I wiped that and tried to load the nandroid b/up and for some reason, I got the old rom I was using but it was like it was a fresh install of that rom. So I have to set everything up again *sigh*, but it still didn't load all my contacts. Oddly enough, the ones missing are the ones I use most frequently. A quick check on google mail shows they are still there. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

I know on some of the roms I've used it can take a while for the contacts to sync, give it about 15 minutes and see if it syncs the rest. If that doesn't work go to accounts and manually sync your Google account (menu>accounts and sync>Google).

3. rolltrain

rolltrain Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your reply. Neither method has restored all of my contacts. My wife is not going to be happy when I don't call or email any longer ....

4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

rolltrain..Check to see if your contacts are "phone" contacts vs "google" contacts. Google contacts will sync, phone contacts will not. If you end up having to re-enter them, be sure to make them Google contacts