1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

All EVO 4G Wallpaper threadTips

1. Streaks

Streaks Well-Known Member

Since we have a small wait ahead of us for the EVO to hit shelves. I thought it would be a good idea to share some wallpapers with each other. We know the phone's specs, resolution and know what to expect for the most part so why not get ready for the big launch day with some potential wallpapers to use. I'll start it off in my following post with some that I borrowed from the Incredible forum. ;)

Just a note: It seems the best resolution to use for the EVO would be 960x800. Please post that size. If you find something that would make a great wallpaper and you'd like to share it, maybe crop the selection to that size or resize it. There is a way to post the pictures as thumbs but I really don't know it. If anyone is willing to share that, I'd resize it even small. Let's try and keep it as easy for people to share as possible. Now to the selection!

Advertisement
  2. Streaks

3. erikivy

erikivy Well-Known Member

Nice idea for a thread and some very nice pics. Thanks! Is the stated resolution, 960 x 800, the display size when including all 7 home screens? I would have expected it to be much wider than it is tall. Sorry if this is a dumb question, just trying to understand.
    galabuon and stainlessray like this.
  4. Streaks

Well the normal resolution as we know is 480x800. I checked a few sources online and they all seem to say 960x800. It seems to make sense when you remember that it keeps like half of the picture from the previous pane when you slide over.
    galabuon and erikivy like this.
  5. Berner

Berner Well-Known Member

The EVO screen resolution and Sense UI are the same as the Incredible, so I'll wager the EVO will use 960x800, same as the Incredible.

When you slide screen-to-screen, it only moves a small portion left or right on your wallpaper. That's why its not wider.
    galabuon and erikivy like this.
  6. Streaks

A few more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    galabuon, conor.in, fasaani and 14 others like this.
  7. tp2386

tp2386 Well-Known Member

Here's a good one for any tiger lovers.
    [​IMG]
  8. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

There's some great one in there. There's one live wallpaper I found that I think will look awesome on that screen and I already made this up:

[​IMG]
    galabuon likes this.
  9. Max Power

Max Power Member

I suspect I'll be too enticed by the live wallpapers, but there are some lovely static wallpapers here nonetheless.

I'm a nerd, so here's my contribution.

Attached Files:

10. erikivy

I'm a Trek nerd too, but I prefer 1701-E.....I could also live with Voyager or the Defiant. :)
    galabuon and Covert_Death like this.
  11. Max Power

Max Power Member

I love the Enterprise E as much as the original refit, but my last submission gets extra points from me for being visually plausible.:) DS9 was probably my favorite spinoff, but I can take or leave the Defiant. The "J type" Enterprise is amazing, and I've been trying to find a wallpaper-worthy image; unfortunately, the 960x800 requirement rules out most options.

Attached Files:

12. erikivy

Is Voyager a "J type"? I'm not familiar with the term. Guess I'm not quite as nerdy as I thought. :) You know, 7 of 9 would make a pretty damn nice wall paper. :D
    galabuon likes this.
  13. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

haha 7 of 9 would be HAWWWWT but im gonna try hard to find a voyager one that i like for my background :D

maybe someone can make a live startrek paper with voyager going to warp and appearing randomly on the screen, using impulse power for a bit then warping off again :D
    galabuon likes this.
  14. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

those worried about not being up to use the static wallpapers because they want to use live wallpapers, there are some live wallpapers that are slideshows and auto changes your static papers
    galabuon likes this.
  15. Max Power

Max Power Member

galabuon and android1561 like this.
  16. Berner

Berner Well-Known Member

17. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Though honestly, I will probably use a black background.
  18. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

galabuon and Max Power like this.
  19. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

great pics thanks... any way to reduce the size of them (just for the forum) as it is shifting the whole thing LOL

If not - ignore me :D I'm pretty easy l ol
    galabuon likes this.
  20. Streaks

that Star Trek photo from earlier, took the pic and made it smaller for whoever wanted it. It's nothing special but it's something heh

[​IMG]
  21. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

i love what i've seen from the "magic smoke" live wallpaper on 2.1. you can change the colors of it too. i'll either use red or green.
    galabuon likes this.
  22. Rose4uKy

Rose4uKy Well-Known Member

I love theses thanks! I have a folder now on my sd card wallpapers and i have them saved and I put them on my TP2. I am going to make a folder now and save several of these. So these are considered Stic and Live ones are animated. I want both! LOL! Can you have a live one on the main home screen and static on the others? Android is all new to me. :)
    And some of these I saved are Jpeg and some say PNG. I turend them into Jpeg. Does the phone support both types? Did I not need to change them? Thanks and post more.
    galabuon likes this.
  23. erikivy

I'm loving this thread! While poking around the interwebs last night looking for additional pics, I stumbled across lots of really nice ones of aurora borealis (northern lights). It occurred to me that this phenomenon would make a for a VERY cool live wallpaper. The sweeping, shimmering motion would look wonderful on the big 4.3 inch screen. I wonder if someone has already done something like this? I'm off to search a bit more.
    galabuon likes this.
  24. alf1096

alf1096 Member

I am looking for the one where android guy has killed apple and it looks like a crime scene...if anyone can post it that would be great.
    dawebbreb and galabuon like this.
  25. Streaks

[​IMG]