All i hear are complaints....

Last Updated:

1. stas333

stas333 Member This Topic's Starter

why is almost everyone talking smack about the evo? this is by far the best phone out and it works very well with many things, but those few little problems make it seem like the phone sucks. just be happy with what u got, and if u dont like it, take it back. stop making 1000s of threads about the same freaking problem.

Advertisement
  2. p00kienrayray

p00kienrayray Well-Known Member

I think there was just too much over hyping and ppl expected a perfect phone; which isn't realistic.

misterzeno likes this.
  3. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I know that a lot of people are having genuine issues with build quality among other things, but I am so blessed. My screen seems very solid, and flush, and is very responsive to my touch on any surface. I am still optimistic that this phone is gonna work out for me.

4. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

It's kinda like watching the nightly news, most of it is negative. Negative sells. Few people are going to take the time to log onto a forum just to post "My phone is great and everything works" threads. To create traffic web sites report on all the negative things that go wrong with technology. When something goes wrong people talk about it.

kali kid 619 likes this.
  5. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

I knew this was coming when I first joined the site. Can't satisfy everyone ...

There are some pretty glaring problems with the phone, but fortunately for me, I've only been blessed with the bad/static-y ear speaker. Not enough for me to trade in, just yet, to possibly get a phone with a worst issue lol.

Love my Evo though :)

6. RickJ

RickJ Well-Known Member

The complaining by evo OWNERS isn't so bad, to each his own, but the yada yada yada by non owners who state they are glad they didnt buy or are waiting,,,, galaxy etc, thats a little more annoying

JoshUng likes this.
  7. LearnIIBurn

LearnIIBurn Well-Known Member

I love my stupid new 500$ smartphone that holds a 5 hour charge. I sound sarcastic I think, but I really do love it. Adventure! Around every corner!

8. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

If you are only getting a 5 hr charge after all the tips this forum has ... you're doing something wrong.

16 hrs 47m .... 48% remaining. Light to Medium usage. Enough for me.

9. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

My two Evo phones are great and I don't have a single problem with them. Battery life is good, screen looks fantastic. Life is good....

misterzeno and Mabster like this.
  10. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Same thing happened when the Incredible shipped.

Most of the people who post are going to be people who have problems with their devices. Especially those who spend a lot of disposable income and expect perfection.

There will ALWAYS be fit-and-finish manufacturing issues because all of the world's electronics are built in the same few factories with the cheapest possible labor. Very few companies take the time to do proper QC, especially when you are trying to deploy hundreds of thousands of units.

A few Incredible owners were complaining about battery life, dust under the screen, muffled calls, strange behavior with some 3.5mm cables, and touchscreen grounding issues.

A few Evo owners are complaining about battery life, dust under the screen (now possibly due to screen separation), and possibly the same grounding issues.

Notice a trend...

I'm sure the manufacturing problems will be ironed out over time, but you have to realize that people who buy their stuff on launch day are basically getting a device created with a work-in-progress manufacturing process.

This is why some people don't buy cars that are on their first model year.

-Mike

11. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Forums are where people go to share info, even if that info is complaint-like. Would be nice if OEMs hosted the sites for people to bring up and resolve issues, but it probably would be overwhelming.

Some OEMs and other vendors participate and view this site too. I've had a few issues with Seidio that I posted as questions to other members here, and Seidio contacted me directly for resolution.

Too bad there's not such a show and hands-on from HTC or Sprint, but I bet they're monitoring quietly.

By the way, Seidio's products have been solid but I give them my highest endorsement because of the way they've handled my customer service issues.

12. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

+2

13. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Some is agenda driven and I can usually tell. Sad, but hopefully goes away eventually.

14. ccrun1800

ccrun1800 Active Member

We had a saying in the Navy for our Junior sailors.... " A Bitchin sailor is a happy sailor ". Honestly some people have a legit gripe but for the most part most of the critical post seem to be for such minuscule issues. Can someone please name on device they bought that didn't have some sort of issue.

15. misterzeno

misterzeno Well-Known Member

Cause the owners that are enjoying their EVO are not here...and they are the majority. People complaining on here are the minority with an extremely loud voice.

16. vikingjunior

vikingjunior Well-Known Member

Lots of bitching but very few actually returning device.

17. wazzap1101

wazzap1101 Well-Known Member

Phone is great. Some people just need to grow the hell up...

18. Dose

Dose Well-Known Member

I think I have a pretty decent phone....I can see the bottom of the glass start to raise up a little but I only looked for it because ppl talked about it, I would have never noticed, and my battery life is fine. Coming from the hero this is a great upgrade. No real issues..its quick, its big, it does everything. I just want all new stuff all the time....I spent 450 on it cuz I couldn't wait til November. Now the galaxy is coming and I want to give it a chance too, why not? Might love it. I gave the palm pre a chance, and loved the OS...hated the phone...so we will see

19. Palomino

Palomino Well-Known Member

OK,
    so of course there are thousands of people with complaints, even me, but lets not forget these people are human. No phone is perfect going to be perfect. Can we have a thread that has people with no complaints, just saying we LOVE the phone and sure it has its small minor issues, (for some people of course) but we love it anyways?

Can we be greatful that this phone has capablilites that no phone out on the market has!?

Can we be greatful that sprint finally has a phone keeping you intrigued enough to sign another 2 yr contract with them?

Can we be greatful that this phone isn't like that POS phone the htc hero?

20. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

No, because the problems of the device outweigh the benefits. An awesome boat with a hole in the hull is still going to sink. :rolleyes:

21. reemas

reemas Well-Known Member

the hard earned money you send over to your cell provider and manufacturer is a "thank you".

22. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

So far I love my phone. Battery has been the only issue. It's improving though. I feel some complaints are fair and then I smell trolling. The new iphone is on the horizon. Hmmmmm.

23. Palomino

Nicely put, well at least the people with no problems can be greatful I guess. :cool:

24. Palomino

Can we be greatful we have wireless calling capablities?

25. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

For Sprint, it seems it is the best device.

"Beer", it's what's for dinner.