ALL i need to do is FLash Some one help!!!!

Last Updated:

1. Houstatlanavegas

Houstatlanavegas Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

all i want is to flash the white widow ROM onto my phone so i can use, so! what im asking is how do you flash a rom on to your phone what are the steps and yes i am finally rooted after thinking about it for 3 months but leave me now guys i still need help people lol

Advertisement
  2. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

Place the rom you want onto the root of the sdcard. So don't put it into a folder. Shut down your phone power on in recovery. vol up and power hold for a few seconds. Then you are into recovery, wipe data factory reset. Click flash zip from sdcard, select your rom, and then wait like 10 min to flash, after flash reboot then wait more. After another 10 min you will have a new rom. Log into your google and there you go. Try XtrRom 4.6.5 it is fast and smooth, one of my favorite 2.1 roms.

3. Houstatlanavegas

ok another dumb question what is the "root of my sd" where do i find that??

4. kobel1up

When you hook your phone to your comp and see all the files that is the root. Just place the zip in there, don't open it or place it in a folder. that is what the root of the sdcard is.

5. Houstatlanavegas

thank you thats all i needed and one last one you dont have to answer but where should i get these roms from??

6. kobel1up

this is XtrRom 4.6.5 one of the best and fastest of the 2.1. [ROM][GPL][11/5/2010] xtrROM4.6.5 [cache2cache,apps2sd,jit,lwp,oc] - xda-developers

If you want to try 2.2 or froyo this is another good one. [ROM][11/18] Nonsensikal v13.2 [CM 6.1.0|Black&Blue|Vanilla] - xda-developers

This is just the main website. Droid Eris Android Development - xda-developers

Enjoy. I am going to bed, but if you need anymore help I will get back to you in the morning. :D

Houstatlanavegas likes this.
  7. kobel1up

One other thing, most of the time when they say to wipe before install they mean wipe data factory reset and daval cache. the first and second choice.;

8. Houstatlanavegas

sweet so how i get my apps back now that i flaash a rom

9. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Well-Known Member

Gotta go back into the Market app and check your downloads. They'll all be there. DO NOT BACK OUT OF THE MARKET UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL OF THEM!! They only show up once, after that, you'll just have to hunt them down. For future flashing, download Titanium Backup from the market and use it to backup your apps, then when you flash a ROM, redownload Titanium and use it to restore them.

10. Houstatlanavegas

sweet wish i would have done that before now im just trying to get back into the market so i can download my apps

any help with that??? like my phone doesnt have the market so where shall i go to go an get the market??

11. kobel1up

If I remember right if you are on White Widow there is another zip that you must flash that has all the stock apps on it. That is the one that will have the market app in it.