• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help All I want to do is UPLOAD my stupid VIDEO

Chrisanova

Lurker
Apr 26, 2012
Phone = SPH-D710.

I am trying to load a video FROM my phone TO my computer.

Ok, I went and bought a USB cable today, to upload a video from my phone.
Couldn't find a media player, so I tried Windows Media Player, and RealPlayer. Both mistakes.

Got on chat support with Samsung --- was told install Kies.

Downloaded Kies.

Now, the phone Synched with the computer, and was recognized by Kies......so far, so good.

But every time I highlight the video, and click "Add to Play" or "Add to Computer" it stops loading in after a few seconds.

It will NOT add it to the player's Library below.

Spent another hour with Samsung Tech.
This is idiotic that Samsung Tech couldn't even help with this.

Turned off the computer, rebooted, turned off the phone and turned back on, etc, etc.......freaking etc.........

Cannot even get the mysterious "Mount" that everyone speaks of, to show up. Is it one of those urban legends ?

To note: it is a 3.66GB video file about 50 minutes long, BUT I also tried loading in 2MB picture files, and they WONT LOAD EITHER.

Geeeez, can someone help. This is so annoying.

I AM a tech-savvy guy, so that makes it worse.

Android-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-Sam

"view in explorer". thats what i was referring to. maybe u have a different version than i do.

http://www.blogyourearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Android-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-Samsung-Kies.jpg

Upvote 0
Can always use like dropbox or the like and upload it to the cloud and download it in the meantime. To me sounds like you need to uninstall your drivers then reinstall them. Bt I would have guessed a Samsung tech would have suggested that. Also try various USB ports on your computer. And even try another computer to see if it would see it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones