• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root All In One Data/APN Fix for LG Volt on CM13/CM12 (Other ROMs too)

Did this help your data problems?

• Yes

• No

• Kinda

Results are only viewable after voting.
Anyone on VM? If so is this working. My LTE is not that great with the other fix.
I have VM and it is not working at all I can't even get the icon to appear have tried everything multiple times but to no avail. The only 2 problems I am having with CM 13 is the LTE/3G and the green tint on the rear facing camera forward facing camera works perfectly. Anyone with VM have any ideas on what I can do to even get 3G or LTE or even the icons to show? Also there is no where to change the settings for APN on CM 13 I'm wondering if the issue may be in the CDMA its set to NV instead of RUM/SIM can't seem to get it to change. I'm a new to this stuff so not sure? Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I have VM and it is not working at all I can't even get the icon to appear have tried everything multiple times but to no avail. The only 2 problems I am having with CM 13 is the LTE/3G and the green tint on the rear facing camera forward facing camera works perfectly. Anyone with VM have any ideas on what I can do to even get 3G or LTE or even the icons to show? Also there is no where to change the settings for APN on CM 13 I'm wondering if the issue may be in the CDMA its set to NV instead of RUM/SIM can't seem to get it to change. I'm a new to this stuff so not sure? Any ideas?
Use the original VM fix. Go to the CM12.1 thread and go to the very first page. There it'll tell you about the original fix.

Upvote 0
Try setting it to just CDMA Auto PRL that will put your phone in 3G mode see if that works
So I put it to that setting and restarted after waiting about 10 mins i had 3G i think became greedy and wanted to see if i put it to lte/cdma if i could get LTE and it didnt work and now i have tried puting it back to CDMA Auto PRL and restarting i cant get 3G :(

Upvote 0
Trying to get my data to work... i saw it appear briefly but thats about it.. I tried *#*#4636#*#* settings are already at LTE/CDMA Auto PRL.. I changed to CDMA auto PRL and rebooted, when it rebooted it was changed back o LTE/CDMA

No luck for me.. Im using LG Volt with Ringplus

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Trying to get my data to work... i saw it appear briefly but thats about it.. I tried *#*#4636#*#* settings are already at LTE/CDMA Auto PRL.. I changed to CDMA auto PRL and rebooted, when it rebooted it was changed back o LTE/CDMA

No luck for me.. Im using LG Volt with Ringplus

follow this: http://androidforums.com/threads/cyanogenmod-13-beta-1.1023879/page-4#post-7295824

just edit yours to match ringplus apn settings on that page link. https://bestmvno.com/apn-settings/ringplus-apn-settings/

I get LTE solid after doing that for ringplus on my boost volt, didnt have to change anything other than those settings so you may want to reinstall everything fresh from beginning wiping clean dalvik and cache etc..

that all in one apn fiz zip aint all that all in one now is it ?

Last edited:
Reactions: dvdavid888
Upvote 0
I couldn't get data to work with CM13 no matter what I tried. I couldn't even get the APN settings to show up.
Tried from a clean CM13 several times as well as going back to ZV6 stock and doing a PRL update. (Data works with stock or CM12.1)

Gave up and went back to CM12.1 and all is well.

Edit: Carrier is RingPlus

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: dvdavid888
Upvote 0
Guys I flashed Cm13 on my LS740, and realized the mobile data no longer work, search led me to this thread.
After flash the zip, still does not work, then I tried a APN changer app to check the settings, it says I do not have any APN settings, repeated flash still nothing. Manually enter APN also cannot save.

Anyone else? For those who got your CM13 working, where did you get your ROM?

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
cm-13.0-20160818 (the middle one) is what I am running right now and it does not seem to be fixed using the zip :(

Anyone else on the same boat or know what is wrong?
I am on ringplus, and everything was perfectly fine before loading CM13, now voice and sms still work, but no data at all.

In my Settings -> Cellular networks -> Access Point Names, there is nothing there, even if I try to create one for Ringplus, it wont save and stay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones