• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All In One Recovery Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I would much appreciate some help please. My device is an Lg Optimus One P500 and I flashed the 3.06 thunderg version of the recovery with the "Old manual way". Then I successfully flashed a custom kernel from the sd card using RA recovery. But there are many functions that won't work. USB toggle, mounts (system, data, etc), nand backup, move recovery log to sd won't work.

When trying to make a NAND backup I instantly get, without any progress, the error message "Oops, something went wrong! Please check the recovery log!"
When trying to move recovery.log to sd I get the exact same error message.
My sd card has 1,1gb free space. What am I missing? Any suggestions?
edit: I used the "UPDATED Easy install via script" to reflash RA recovery but nothing has changed.

For those asking,
2. Place the recovery.img you downloaded in this folder in /sdcard/recoveryflash and then turn off sdcard as mass storage . (Do not rename the recovery.img from the download)
. . .
Old manual way:
Download your device specific recovery and check md5sum for a match before flashing. Download flash_image.zip and unzip it to root of your sdcard. (Not in any folder)
Copy your devices recovery.img to root of sdcard.
recovery.img is your device appropriate recovery downloaded from this link (or this for 2.2.1).

Reactions: patricdroid
Upvote 0
i have the lg p509 with android version 2.2.2 on it i have the phone rooted and i downloaded both the flash recovery and flash image zip file to sd card and opened them and moved the flash image into the flash recovery folder but it tells me that it already exists in that folder. i then type exctaly what is prompted for the terminal emulater and when i enter the last line and hit enter i get file does not exit /cat/sdcard/flash_image will reboot in 5 seconds what am i doing wrong

Upvote 0
A few questions for GNM or anyone that REALLY knows.
Please forgive my noobness.

After reading this thread (and a few others), I'm a bit confused as to exactly which recovery file(s) I need to download and use?

I have an Optimus M (LGMS690).
Android 2.2.1
It is rooted.

If I use home+volume down+power on buttons, it will boot into a recovery mode with a box & arrow and android image. Whenever I do that, it seems to reset the phone to stock and I lose all my downloaded apps (do i assume this is normal?).
Is this the stock recovery and, is it good or bad?
It doesn't bring up the options that you guys speak of here but rather just the home screen.

Also, I have found a program on the market called "Flash Image GUI" that claims to work on the Optimus series phones, does anyone know of this program?

I also have read NOT to use the ROM Manager & CWM, is this true or false?
I have downloaded it but the Optimus M is not in the list so I'm afraid to try it's flash recovery.

Should the Android 2.2.1 be updated to a newer version?

Any help is greatly appreciated as I do not want to brick it.

I know you posted this back in January but here's the answer. On optimus series androids Home + vol-down + power is the manual way to factory reset the device, That's all I know cause I'm new to rooting, ROMS, and recovery. hope this helps!

Upvote 0
What a life saver you are I've now been battling my Lg Vortex for a week and couldn't get the recovery screen to come up so I spent the last few days trying what ur post says, finaly I took a last crack at it just now with your simple three line code and for some reason this time it said "bad boot message" and yet gave me the recovery screen... am doing a nandroid backup now and hoping when i try to get there next time i dont hard reset the darn thing once again... But as of this far I finaly know I do have the recovery installed... TY TY TY

Upvote 0
What a great thread! I'm new to the world of Android and all Android related things. I've recently rooted my LG Vortex using Gingerbreak. I'm now ready to begin customizing, but before I get too far along, I want to make a backup while I know things are working.

After reading through the instructions in the OP several times as well as going through the rest of the thread, I feel like I have a solid idea of how to proceed. The only question that remains has to do with the two versions of the recovery image. When you say 2.2.1 and 3.06, what are these referring to? I noticed there is a version for the Vortex under both categories, so I just want to make sure I use the right one.

recovery-RA-vortex-2.2.1-GNM.img
recovery-ra-vortex-3.06-gnm.img

My apologies in advance if the answer should be obvious.

EDIT: I just realized that these version numbers are the same for all models (with some minor exceptions). I'm assuming this means the version number is referring the version of the Recovery and that I should use the most up-to-date version?

Upvote 0
Hey i skimmed and googled a bit but couldnt find an answer that helped me. My phone has been crapping out and I'd like to take it in for warranty service, but want to restore my device recovery to default just to be safe that they dont try to deny my on those grounds. I kep the "dump-recovery.img" file from when I flashed it so wondered what to do to bring it back to normal.
One thing that may be an issue. The way it craps out is after booting it just shuts down at random quick intervals. Sometimes itll stay on for 10 min, sometimes 2 min but I can never be sure how long itll stay on. For this reason I can really only be certain that I can keep it connected long enough if I leave it in the android system recovery menu. It may be a software error that can be fixed by flashing a new rom, but since i have only 1 mo of warranty Id rather be safe and return it than think its fine and be sol after my time has passed.
Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
thanks for the great tut on the recovery
I did as followed
the phone rebootes to this screen
396601629.jpg

I can scroll up and down.. I hit the power button and it does nothing..
I do have a dump-recovery.img on my sdcard that I saved to a different dir and my pc..

did I do something wrong
or do I have to use ADB to restore if It softbricks ?
I have a Casio G'zOne Z771 M130
rooted using tommytopdrive
subscribed.gif
M130 Rooted!
What else can I do to be sure I can recover
and if someone can let me know what to do to get the bootloader to work.

ragards
Hippy

Thanks goes out to everyone that makes all this happen
thansk for you time and sharing the info

Upvote 0
You have to use the menu button on the bottom left of your phone to select your action
I used the volume buttons to scroll up and down...
and hit the power to select
but it will not select it

And I just noticed that you are using the old GNM recovery (2.2.1) you should be using the 3.0.6
thats a image from the first post I'm used 3.0.6

Upvote 0
Casio Commando 2.3.3, C771M130

Question about Scripted vs Manual old way:

The scripted version directs me to download and unzip the recoveryflash.zip to the sd card. Then download and place the device specific recovery.img in that folder.

The other way directs me to download my device specific recovery. Is this the same as “recoveryflash.zip” in the first method?
Then download “flash_image.zip”. Is that the same as “recovery.img you downloaded” in the first method?

If so to both, why does it instruct me to put the .img in the recovery folder in the first method but in the root of the sd card in the second method.

BTW, how do I “check md5sum for a match” before flashing.

I’ve decided to hard key this instead of using terminal on my Mac. It’s not letting me in with the PC commands.

Root checker varifies that i am rooted.

Upvote 0
lg vortex rooted and all in one recovery installed.

so i successfully installed the recovery tool... and i can use it just fine.

however if i reboot the only way i can get back to the recovery tool is through the terminal.

if i hold down the down the power button i just get the stock power off/airplane mode options. i don't get the screen shot or reboot/recovery menu.

there is no install-recovery.sh file located in system/etc to remove so i can't do that step which seems to be a common "fix" mentioned throughout this thread

thanks.

Upvote 0
lg vortex rooted and all in one recovery installed.

so i successfully installed the recovery tool... and i can use it just fine.

however if i reboot the only way i can get back to the recovery tool is through the terminal.

if i hold down the down the power button i just get the stock power off/airplane mode options. i don't get the screen shot or reboot/recovery menu.

there is no install-recovery.sh file located in system/etc to remove so i can't do that step which seems to be a common "fix" mentioned throughout this thread

thanks.
Use quick boot from the Google play store. Or terminal
Reboot recovery command.
Or in titanium there is a reboot recovery option. Or adb

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones