[ALL IN ONE] The HTC Thunderbolt Tool!

1. trter10

trter10 Active Member

My much anticipated HTC Thunderbolt tool is HERE! :D

This tool is your all-in-one toolbox for the HTC Thunderbolt.

With it, you can:

1. S-OFF and Root
    2. Unroot
    3. Flash CWM, CWM Touch, TWRP, or 4ext recovery
    4. Boot menu: Reboot, Hot reboot, Reboot recovery, Reboot to fastboot, Reboot to hboot, Power off
    5. Disable HTC OTA Updates
    6. Run an ADB/Fastboot Command Prompt
    7. Install Busybox
    *** MANY MORE FEATURES COMING SOON! ***

SCREENSHOTS:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CREDITS:

INSTRUCTIONS:

Put ThunderboltTool.exe in its own folder, then run ThunderboltTool.exe, then run ThunderboltTool.bat. The .bat is what you will use from then on.

READ THE README THAT POPS UP ON THE FIRST RUN AND FOLLOW ALL ITS DIRECTIONS!!!!

CHANGELOG:

Changelog can be found here: https://github.com/trter10/Thunderbolt-Tool/blob/master/CHANGELOG.txt

DOWNLOAD:

Main Download: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading ThunderboltTool.exe

MD5 is on download page.

ENJOY! :)

Advertisement
    :
    Gibby999, Diggs, snsjets and 6 others like this.
  2. Pred-a-tor

Pred-a-tor Well-Known Member

This is very cool. Thanks for bringing over to these forums! I look forward to seeing more folks not already rooted take the plunge. Good on ya for putting this together
    trter10 likes this.
  3. raginfox

raginfox New Member

I am getting this error when I attempt to load the file:
    The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, an d then contact the software publisher.

Is there a way to get a version that works with 64 bit operating systems? Thanks!
  4. trter10

trter10 Active Member

I made it on a 64 bit PC so I'm not sure what's going on

But, you can always use the old-fashioned zipfile method haha

Just unzip it to a folder: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading ThunderboltTool.zip
    scotty85 likes this.
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

thanks for bringing this here.

i will keep the manual methods up for those that need(or just want ;)) them.

link added to ATR sticky :)
    trter10 likes this.
  6. trter10

trter10 Active Member

7. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

welcome :)

what is going to be on your unbrick menu?
  8. trter10

trter10 Active Member

Ota update bootloop is all I can think of right now, but it will have more.
  9. schlup41

schlup41 Member

when downloaded does this file stay on the computer or go to the Bolt sd card for usage? Already s off with revolutionary but sounds like a great addition to current files.:)
  10. firefoxdude

firefoxdude New Member

With this tool can you unroot and install the OTA update and then reroot?
  11. trter10

trter10 Active Member

Stays on computer
    schlup41 likes this.
  12. trter10

trter10 Active Member

You can, but I don't see what the point is. The ota has caused people more harm than good.
    But you could also just install the rooted ota rom
  13. firefoxdude

firefoxdude New Member

Thanks, I just dislike the popups that come up every 1-2 days asking for update then failing. Is the rooted ota rom you speak of just an update file to apply? Or a fresh blank rom?

I am currently on: 2.11.605.5 and I have been having some issues with random lose of 4g and restarts and had hoped the ota updates I have been missing for a while may have fixed some things. I will try out your tool later to see if it helps after unrooting and applying then rerooting.

Also with the official ICS rom coming in 1-2 months from verizon I hoped to be able to stay on official and then reroot as I do like the stock roms but like root as well.
  14. trter10

trter10 Active Member

The rooted ota is a full rom but you shouldn't need to wipe data.

There is an ota stopper in extras to stop the pop ups also, but my rooter blocks otas in the process
    firefoxdude likes this.
  15. firefoxdude

firefoxdude New Member

Thanks for the info, and thanks for making this handy tool.

With Verizon ending unlimited data with upgrades I plan on being on the thunderbolt for as long as possible to maintain my Unlimited 4G and with work continuing to be done to improve the thunderbolt it makes me happy.
    trter10 likes this.
  16. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

Is this intended for those that are new to root or? I am rooted but just on CM7, yet I want to upgrade, does this help in anyway?
  17. trter10

trter10 Active Member

Help with what exactly?
  18. Familyguy1

I guess make it easier to switch up between ROMs? Ive been out of the TB root loop for a while...
  19. trter10

trter10 Active Member

There will be in the next version, v0.2b1, but that's of course not out yet :p
  20. scoobntaz1996

scoobntaz1996 Well-Known Member

ok i am trying to unroot using this program and i get a...... failed to copy 'support_files\unroot\Stock-ROM.zip' to '/sdcard/PG05IMG.zip': Re
    ad-only file system.
    does this mean is not working?
  21. trter10

trter10 Active Member

Phone has to be in charge only mode
  22. Snerch

Snerch Well-Known Member

I finally rooted my TBolt using this tool and it worked flawlessly. Simple to use. Thanks for posting this!
    trter10 likes this.
  23. Familyguy1

Curious Question. I already rooted using Revolutionary, does this act as a recovery? Would it be beneficial to use this instead of ClockWorkMod?
  24. trter10

trter10 Active Member

No this isn't a recovery
  25. Eris1981

Eris1981 Well-Known Member

This worked amazing on my new one from my damage/insurance replacement.
    trter10 likes this.