All my home icons have disappeared.Support

Last Updated:

1. cheetos

cheetos Member This Topic's Starter

Except for browser, maps and market. I was browsing google images hit the home button and they were gone. Restarted the phone and theyre still gone. I could manually drag everything back to place but is there an easier way to restore it the way I had it?

Advertisement
  2. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

They're still in your app drawer right?

3. cheetos

yea....so just drag them back eh...I havent had this phone for a week and every day its a new problem. Worst part was when I was calling someone. They get the call but I hear no ringing, no one speaking, just the call ending. Had to restart. First day I got it I hit the camera app...for whatever reason half of my contacts show up then screen turns black then back to the home screen. Again, restarting the phone fixed it but this is getting ridiculous. Is my phone defective? Should I exchange it? Or are my problems "normal"? What you guys think?

4. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Do a factory reset. It wipes everything, so if there are apps you installed, you may want to write them down, so you can download them again.

Or you can sync them to Appbrain, but make sure you copy the list into a new list in Appbrain, because once you wipe, I think the current sync'd-to-phone list goes away.

You have way too many things going wrong, but they sound like software weirdness than hardware, so a factory reset should resolve your prob, if indeed software-based. If you still have the prob after the factory reset, then you probably have hardware issues, and should exchange the phone.

If you're using Lookout, *don't* use the Backup function. I've read that causes probs. But the virus scan and location functions are fine. Also do NOT re-install any Task Killers.

5. cheetos

Thanks for that. I'll try that soon.

6. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

And if that doesn't solve your problem I would return it to get a replacement. it shouldn't be doing that.