• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help All my locally saved phone contacts have disappeared

KSTee

Lurker
Dec 24, 2014
For some bizarre reason, all my local phone contacts have disappeared! I left my phone for a few hours and the next time I used it, only my facebook contacts were showing (these are email only without actual phone numbers). All my sms and whatsapp threads are still there but in place of the contact names it's just showing the number.

My email accounts, s-planner, whatsapp and gallery are still working, I haven't lost anything in these apps.

I've tried the obvious solutions - restarted my phone, changed my contact settings to "show all" but nothing has worked. I don't have my contacts synced to my hotmail/gmail, but they are backed up to my Kies account. However I'm on holiday at the moment and won't be able to access Kies for another few weeks.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

You could try going to Contacts > Settings > Contacts to display and ensure that your contacts are set to display.

For future reference, if you choose not to sync your Contacts with your gmail account, you can go into Contacts > Settings ? Import/Export and select to export them to your SD card in the form of a .vcf file then, as AZgl1500 suggested, you can then email them to yourself and/or copy them to your PC or DropBox or Drive, etc:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones