1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

All new users to the one v read this!!!

1. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

Ok, as some may or may not know, there are 2 completely diff versions of the One V as of right now. Codenames: PrimoU and PrimoC.

PrimoU:
    The phone that cant be bought in the US. The "international" version.

PrimoC:
    This is the Virgin Mobile version of the same phone.

It is very important that you know the diff. Kernels and custom roms won't matter to much as they are easy enough to reflash and recover from. RUU's on the other hand WILL brick your device. Had the same issue with Marvel and MarvelC.

But you think to yourself, "same device, I can flash an RUU/rom/kernel from the other." Congrats, you have a $200 paper weight.

Just thought I would put this out there so people can be informed before just going all flash crazy.

Advertisement
    :
    Ken C, mxp5769, Zombie591 and 9 others like this.
  2. riggerman1

riggerman1 Well-Known Member

I agree with you whole heartedly. I'll be getting mine on VM in a few weeks. I've been using the Optimus V for the last year and a half. It's been a great phone with some fantastic development, but i think I've pushed this phone as far as it can go. We've seen way too many bricks from people flashing the wrong ROM, incorrect recovery and factory resetting rooted phones. Hopefully you can get this stickied, and stop some of these bricks before they happen.
  3. TGBlade

TGBlade Well-Known Member

Also a Optimus V user and for sure I have seen SO many bricked devices from people trying to root and flash without knowing what they are doing.
  4. ebnight

ebnight Well-Known Member

Do the custom recoveries posted here and xda work on the primoc yet?
  5. jmz

jmz Well-Known Member

No. I have one in the works. I think it is ready for users now. I will be posting it online later today
    ebnight and TGBlade like this.