• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

All rogers users read this

samuelmaskell

Android Enthusiast
May 11, 2009
Victoria,BC
Call Rogers NOW! I'm sure that most of you bought your android devices less than 30 days ago and that means that you can get a 50 credit on your account because of the recent price drop. Maybe you can even if it has been longer than 30 days.. I don't know. I'm just assuming that because that is how long their return policy is but it doesn't hurt to call anyway.

Enjoy the extra cash,
Sam

You may only get an extra $50 off if you are a new user (ie new contract).

I am an existing user, and my existing contract still had a year to go. They wanted me to pay almost full price for the phone (even with a "hardware upgrade") and after some protracted discussion (reminding them how loyal I've been, how Bell has the Palm Pre coming soon) to get them down to $200 and a $50 mail-in rebate. I'm not sure they would give me another $50 off!

Upvote 0
I called directly to the Rogers sales line (from the web site). They wanted me to pay over $400 for the phone (that was supposed to be with "hardware upgrade" discount). I simply said "No, that's not good enough" and pointed out how ling I'd been loyal to Rogers, and that they should be doing more to keep loyal customers like me. With a hint that I may also leave for Bell, they dropped the price to the $200 I mentioned, and said I could send in a mail-in rebate for $50. The catch is I had to renew my contract to a 3 year contract, just like a new user.

Upvote 0
I just called now, and I ordered my phone July 24th (16 days) and i was told no discount at all for anyone.

EDIT: I just called back and spoke to a different CSR. This time i was told "No problem, a credit for $50 will appear on your next bill". So, in other words, either they don't tell all their CSRs everything they need to know, _or_ Rogers is telling their CSRs to lie to lie to people in an attempt to avoid paying out.

ATTN ROGERS! If anyone from Rogers happens to be reading this, hopefully you realize that we _KNOW_ what you are doing! Get all CSRs in line, and have a standard policy. Either give the discount to everyone, or don't, but make sure all your CSRs are singing the same tune!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones