All samsung phones source are available

Last Updated: 2010-07-10 21:46:28
  1. dongol147

dongol147 Member

Advertisement
  2. DynamitePress

DynamitePress Well-Known Member

That'd be awfully cool...but I know absolutely nothing about this, I just know that trustworthy and knowledgeable people have been saying it's not available. I feel like this is too good to be true.
  3. BurgDog

BurgDog Well-Known Member

Trustworthy and knowledgeable people have known about this for a very long time and have stated that the proprietary driver software needed to actually get this to work on the BH2 is not in that location and will NEVER be released by Samsung.
    DynamitePress likes this.
  4. dongol147

dongol147 Member

Well, I guess the samsung BH2 kernel (including the drivers) can be used as is, but every thing else can be imported from differnt phones (may be with some apps/stock that is from 2.0/2.1).

I would also assume that the BH2 hardware may share some of the other samsung android phones (excluding CPU) . We may be lucky enough to use the the new Galaxy kernel with the BH2?
    What kind of damage that may happen if the kernel is not compatible with the HW? can we revert back if failed?
  5. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

Well you could ultimately brick your phone.

Actually I bet if you used another kernal, you might brick it.

You need the source for the drivers in order for anyone to attempt to get 2.1 on the phone.