• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help All Sent Email Addresses showing up in contacts?

purduepilot

Lurker
Jul 27, 2010
Hello

I am a new droid user, coming from bberry tour. Want to love the X and it is slowly growing on me..

I am using an activesync account with for my work email which syns calendar/contacts/email. For some reason every email address that i have ever sent an email to shows up as a contact..

anyone else seen this or know how to resolve? all of my contacts are in there that i want but there are an additional 500+ "contacts" that are just email addresses that i have sent to through work...

thanks in advance for any advise.

Try going into your gmail in a desktop browser, click on contacts, click on My Contacts group and see if there is a check box to disable auto adding people.

Basically My Contacts is your personal contacts and All Contacts is used for auto fill-in and stuff like that, but it doesn't get synced to the phone.

Upvote 0
It's google as they keep every single person you've ever emailed in your gmail life as a contact. I occasionally delete contacts from there especially friends who changed jobs. But it is annoying when you send a customer service email or anything like that and it shows up as a contact.

You can select the contacts you want to view. My default is my phone contacts.

Upvote 0
It's google as they keep every single person you've ever emailed in your gmail life as a contact.

Yes, this is kind of a crap deal. Since we don't have a direct way to sync to the Moto Droid X (HTC has a sync program), the only easy way is to push to gmail contacts and have them sync that way. But then you get all of the rest of those junky contacts with them. :( If there's a better way, I'd be interested in hearing it. I don't really consider having to purchase and install software like CompanionLink a solution either. Motorola should supply something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones