• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

all sms conversations combined? bug?

ViperGT007

Lurker
Oct 20, 2009
ok so i have been playin around with my hero and im a big texter and noticed theres an issue with my text messaging.. when i go to the programs, then hit messages and get into the "All messages" main screen i always only have one person listed (usually the first text i received) and like 50 texts...but the catch is, ill have received texts from maybe 5 different people...so instead of 5 different conversations/people listed on the "All messages" main screen ill have one person and all the conversations from all the different people will be in that one thread...no huge deal right? wrong...if i try to text the last person that texted me it will go to like the person that texted me 20 minutes ago and all sorts of random ppl that had texted me through out the day...its super annoying...im guessing this has to be a bug because under all messages i would assume it would seperate by people...anyone else have this problem? what do i do?

ok so i have been playin around with my hero and im a big texter and noticed theres an issue with my text messaging.. when i go to the programs, then hit messages and get into the "All messages" main screen i always only have one person listed (usually the first text i received) and like 50 texts...but the catch is, ill have received texts from maybe 5 different people...so instead of 5 different conversations/people listed on the "All messages" main screen ill have one person and all the conversations from all the different people will be in that one thread...no huge deal right? wrong...if i try to text the last person that texted me it will go to like the person that texted me 20 minutes ago and all sorts of random ppl that had texted me through out the day...its super annoying...im guessing this has to be a bug because under all messages i would assume it would seperate by people...anyone else have this problem? what do i do?

Ya I had this problem too. Not sure how to fix it. I also can't seem to get my notification sound to change when I get a text...weird.

Upvote 0
The messages system on the hero is poor to be honest...when you get a text from someone, it adds it to the last conversation so you end up with a convo miles long...id rather it starts new message every time

I'm pretty sure it's suppose to have a separate thread for each person. I hit "compose message" and typed in a contact I have yet to send or receive a text and sure enough, it went into the thread of the person I last got a text from....WTF???

Upvote 0
Interesting, never had this problem on my phone in the 4 months I have had it.....all my messages separate by contact or phone number (if the person is not known).

Anybody tried what happens doing a factory reboot & what phones are you using?

Mine is an unlocked White Hero.

Upvote 0
i keep getting text messages from different ppl under one same thread. its not working out. plus i dont get all my txt messages and i need that to work. im considering taking it back. yesterday ppl were calling me and it would go straight to voice mail and i was staring at my phone and i never saw the call come in. I'm in the US and on sprint, with the new htc hero. i like the phone but if i cant get all my calls or txt, i will have to go with a different phone

Upvote 0
i keep getting text messages from different ppl under one same thread. its not working out. plus i dont get all my txt messages and i need that to work. im considering taking it back. yesterday ppl were calling me and it would go straight to voice mail and i was staring at my phone and i never saw the call come in. I'm in the US and on sprint, with the new htc hero. i like the phone but if i cant get all my calls or txt, i will have to go with a different phone

I had a problem with not getting texts, I installed a programme called sms to mailbox (the free version) there's a bug in the Hero that misses some texts sometimes. Sms to mailbox grabs them all and sends them to your email account.
I haven't missed a text since I rooted my phone and upgraded my ROM to the modaco one.

For now, try sms to mailbox, that helps out with the text thing.

Upvote 0

Hmm. Try installing the chomp SMS app from the market. See if they show up like that in the app.

Upvote 0
whats the purpose of having sms txt if they go to email? then have to check your email? doesn't make sense. also, i dowloaded and used the Handcent SMS app. same issue and i dont get all my txts. if this is a phone issue, i will be taking it back.

I didn't say it was ideal, I was just suggesting something to help for the time being.
I had mine go to my Googlemail adress, so when I got a missed text, I got it as an email straight away.

And TBH that does sound like a phone issue. Maybe swop it for a new Hero?

Upvote 0
The problem was not with the phone but with the text messages from my bank, if you get automated txt from a company, bank, etc.

Here is the work around for the single threaded text issues:

Have the institution send your alerts to your email.

Back up your phone first. Your apps, contacts, whatever you need backed up.

Reset the firmware to original factory settings.

It's been working awesome for 10 days. I had my bank alerts go to my email and my txt issues went away, i have single threaded txt's now!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones