all sms/mms deleted

Last Updated:

1. baka

baka Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

this is really odd but i was just sitting here texting someone and all of a sudden i went back in to write a new text message and every single text/mms i've sent is gone. they've just vanished. first i thought it was an issue with handcent (which has been having some serious problems lately), but when i checked the OEM app, all the sms/mms were gone as well.

anyone have any idea what happened?

Advertisement
  2. Adamania

Adamania Member

Mine did that ALL the time when I had 2.0. It was resolved with 2.0.1, but I have a friend who recently had that happen. I'm not too sure what it is, though. Sorry I'm not much help. I think it's just a quirk with the 2.x versions of Android as it happened to a friend who has an Eris as well >.>

3. baka

baka Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hmm... totally blows though... i had stuff i needed in there.

oh well. hope more stuff is fixed with 2.1.

4. cmills93

cmills93 Member

That happened to mine on Monday night. For months, I've had some problems downloading MMS, so I wonder if it was related. I use Handcent too, but like you said,to all SMS/MMS were deleted so it probably isn't the app. I have no clue.

5. Snaz

Snaz Well-Known Member

I read a few threads on this a couple months ago...but I don't remember a resolution. Some thought it was a timed event and some thought it was hitting a certain number of messages.

You are not alone....

6. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

MyBackup Pro can back them up and you can set a schedule to do so.. just FYI

7. bills534

bills534 Well-Known Member

I use handcent and had this happen about a month ago, just randomly all the messages were gone. and the custom notifications i had for some people were all wiped out too. I didn't have anything important but it was still annoying.

8. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member

Same here - BUT, about 5 minutes later they were all back again. Truly, a WTF moment.