All Text Messages Randomly DeletedSupport

Last Updated:

1. j2sr

j2sr New Member This Topic's Starter

So today I went to my messages and noticed that all of my old ones were gone. I have the Delete Old Messages option off. Is there another setting somewhere that I am missing? Does it just delete all messages no matter what once it gets to a certain capacity?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome aboard the Android Forums ship, j2sr. ;)

In the Fascinate messaging app, I can go to menu > settings and I'll see a "delete old messages" check box. Below that is the limit it can be set at (a scrollable wheel set at 200 by default).

I do not have an Epic handy, but I'm wondering if it's the same or similar. Please post back about that.

I've moved your question to the Epic 4G forums for you.

3. j2sr

j2sr New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah I have the exact same options. But I have the delete old messages unchecked... that's what is confusing me.

Edit: And thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it.

4. firea2z

firea2z New Member

I also have the Epic 4g and I have the exact same problem. I set the limit to 5000 messages and then I also unchecked the delete messages box. It still randomly erases all my messages and I haven't found a solution. Its very annoying..

5. badassjess

badassjess New Member

Same thing happens with me, all my messages are deleted. The first time it happend it made me click "force close" but the times after they were all deleted when I went back to my messages.

I wonder if it's from a program we've all installed?? I don't use anything for my SMS tho. :confused:

6. xsubstanceax

xsubstanceax New Member

posted twice

7. xsubstanceax

xsubstanceax New Member

Having the same issue with my phone... i called in a couple times and they said "its because i've exceeded my limit" even though i've turned off the "delete old text messages" setting... and moved the limit to 5000.

so i tried a little experiment, i turned off the "delete old text messages" but made the limit 40 to see if it will still delete them because "i've exceeded my limit"

and guess what? it doesn't!!

This happens to me so often, i'm only hoping its an android 2.1 issue and its not for 2.2 because my brother has the evo and he's never had this problem.

If anyone knows how to fix it, let me know!!

8. tannerokeefe

tannerokeefe New Member

Same thing happened to me as well!! Hmmmmmm, I am very interested to see if any one has the answer. Is there any way to get the old messages back?