General All the issues in the update.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by omfgwtflawl, Jul 19, 2010.

1. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Dover, DE
    Talk about all the issues here so we know exactly what's happening with some phones.

Mine have only been (so far at least) force closures when receiving or sending an MMS message. It will says, "Sorry blahblahblah mms_android needs to force close" or something along those lines.

Advertisement
  2. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Male
    I make webs.
    Orange, California
    Yep, I had "Mail" force closing every time. Had to remove my mail account, clear cache and data for Mail, restart, and then add my mail account back in.

3. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Dover, DE
    And now I'm getting failed SMS sends ._.

4. DFA1

DFA1 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    I've had the SMS failed send, and force close issues since getting a brand new Eris with 2.1 after my last one had the silent bug too often.

When I woke up today, my phone told me I had an OTA update, I pressed the download button a few times, and nothing happened, then I pressed the more info button and it just completely went away, now my phone says there are no updates...

5. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Where Diamond Head Stay
    DFA1, you can just update your Eris using the posted link to the RUU (rom upgrade utility). It will install the latest OTA patch.

6. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Where Diamond Head Stay
    Yeah, that's one. I'm not positive about the install process though. I think it is just rename to update.zip and flash, or use the apply zip file, etc.