All these phones with carrier launcher/homescreens can be turned off right?

Last Updated:

1. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i know with the evo 4g, you can turn sense off. what about samsung's touchwiz homescreen (on the galaxy) and motoblur?

Advertisement
  2. semperLux

semperLux Well-Known Member

Although I don't know what touchwiz is, I'm assuming that it is another home app. I believe you can turn them all off and revert to Android's native "Launcher". I have five custom launchers on my EVO because I'm trying to see which one I like best. So far it's "SlideScreen". The Galaxy is dressed up a little like an iPhone, isn't it?

3. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

touchwiz is samsung's "sense". it looks too iphone ish. i like how LauncherPro looks and just wanted to know if i can use it.

4. semperLux

semperLux Well-Known Member

Looks "iPhone-ish" because it's a popular interface and is logically arranged. Look at the menu, pick something-done. Apple's designers have a fantastic (or used to have when I was an art dir.) style guide. After looking at touchwiz, I think I'd rather wade through that than the mish-mash of discordant widgets and app icons that make up HTC Sense. The giant, black glossy widget borders seem wasteful to me as I'd rather have that space used up by information. I'm not fond of Apple's or its policies but I have yet to see anything top their industrial design direction.