All Things EmailSupport

1. rustyelf

rustyelf Member

I am having a difficult time understanding all of the different email options on my Galaxy S2. I know there is ActiveSync and the Google accounts, but I don't really know the pros and cons of each.

My goal is to have one Gmail account sync email and contacts, with two other Google Apps accounts syncing email and calendar. Should I just use ActiveSync for all three? Or should i use the standard Google account sync on the phone for all of three? I would like for my mail to be pushed to me, but I want to save power and data.

I know I am asking a lot, but can someone help me understand all of my options here? It can be confusing.

Also, what are the differences between K-9, Gmail, and the stock email app?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Krunk83

Krunk83 Well-Known Member

I use gmail through exchange on the phone. That is the only way to get gmail to push. Once you set that up it gives you the option to sync mail, contacts, calendars, etc. I turned all other syncing off because exchange does the rest.
  3. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

I use Gmail/Google for everything (email, contacts, and calendar). Saves a lot of time when I've moved to different devices. My gmail account syncs all of my email addresses (I have one set to forward to Gmail and I use Gmail's pop retrieval feature to pull email from my other account). It all comes to one place, neatly separated by labels I've created. Getting all my email, contacts, and calendar events is only a matter of signing in :). This makes it incredibly easy to add/edit calendar events when using my phone isn't convenient (e.g., at work). I can easily add events online and they sync with my device. Same deal with contacts.