Alldroid Development Community 1.0RC release

Last Updated:

1. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member This Topic's Starter

And some interesting ideas being bandied about, it seems. See [ROM] AllDroid Rom 1.0 for the future plans and [ROM] AllDroid Rom 1.0 for the main thread for the ROM.

So, it seems that AllDroid is now going to make their own distribution program for ROMs there, and according to
    it seems that my earlier question regarding using of ROM mgr to help distribute ADC is not out of the question either.

I know a few have tried it, so here is a separate thread for ADC. I have tried it once so far and I have 0 connectivity upon reboot. No phone signal (actually, it shows availability of signal but says the phone is not registered(?) or something like that...., no wireless, and no 3G, so I cannot play with the ROM yet....

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

When I tried it I had mostly 1x signal. After a few hours I got 3g but not long after that I took it off my phone. Wasnt really anything exciting in the rom and the launcher theme is unbearable.

3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Can't find a theme for it = fail (I can't stand the grey notification bar). Aside from that, the little "All Droid" guy on the launcher has got to go! I don't mind something other than the stupid little square icon there...but not the All Droid guy...it just looks cheesy!

I would say this has the best implementation of LWP's though. I noticed very little lag running the Droid version of the Neural Network LWP. Trackball notification light settings indicate that is built from source and not just repackaged ESE81 (can't just take people's word for it these days :D).

Aside from that, it is pretty vanilla IMO. Looks like a decent platform though...just depends on where it goes from here cause right now...it's not much different than ESE81.

4. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

I feel like there confused between ese81 and AOSP, does anyone who knows the distinction knwo if this is truely AOSP or is it another repackaged ese81 build that there are trying to pawn off as AOSP? Just curious is all

5. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

i hope they do make one and put all the alldroid roms on it. i mean its the best way if ya ask me

6. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I agree, but it could be problematic for certain roms (like the Passion rom where you have to partition the SD card). I guess they could put that functionality into the AllDroid manager though...