• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alllllllllright. ZAGG is frictive. Need a *smooth* (maybe hard?) screen protector for DROID 4

tgm1024

Oct 26, 2011
This isn't actually a DROID 4 specific post, but more of a general question regarding manufacturers.

The screen protector BestBuy sold me by ZAGG is a little rubbery. Perhaps it's the frighteningly Draconian way the [non]help installed it for me, but basically the thing drags on my finger some causing it to never glide quite right.

The iPhone my wife has has an Apple designed one that is as smooth as the glass. Curious.

Is there a manufacturer that *in general* is the best for such things? I ask because many manufacturers are not yet supplying one for the D4 and perhaps I should wait until they do?

I hate ZAGG screen protectors. I've heard of glass screen protectors before but never tried them myself. I've heard of two different glass screen protectors, SGP and Spectre. I'm still waiting for more reviews on Spectre because they are available 8/3 and the SGP one is available now. I Wanna see which reviews are better before buying because for a screen protector, they are pricey.

Spectre - Spectre for Samsung | XGearlive
SGP- SPIGEN SGP | iPhone Cases | The new iPad Cases | iPad 2 Cases | Samsung Galaxy 3 Cases | Screen Protectors

Oh, but of course, I don't know if these will be available for a lot of different phones. Pretty sure they have ones for iPhones since they're so popular but don't know about DROID 4.

Reactions: tgm1024
Upvote 0
I hate ZAGG screen protectors. I've heard of glass screen protectors before but never tried them myself. I've heard of two different glass screen protectors, SGP and Spectre. I'm still waiting for more reviews on Spectre because they are available 8/3 and the SGP one is available now. I Wanna see which reviews are better before buying because for a screen protector, they are pricey.

Spectre - Spectre for Samsung | XGearlive
SGP- SPIGEN SGP | iPhone Cases | The new iPad Cases | iPad 2 Cases | Samsung Galaxy 3 Cases | Screen Protectors

Oh, but of course, I don't know if these will be available for a lot of different phones. Pretty sure they have ones for iPhones since they're so popular but don't know about DROID 4.

HEY! Thanks for the heads up on the protectors! I went with the SPIGEN SGP.

Sorry for getting back so late, but better late than never, and I have to say that the following is the bad boy I got and I *love it* !!!!

chickendance.gif

-----> GET THE "ULTRA CRYSTAL" VERSION <-----

SPIGEN SGP Steinheil Ultra series
SPIGEN SGP | Motorola DROID 4 Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series

The "Ultra Crystal" is super hard, does not seem to scratch (yet), and is as smooth as the original phone surface. I almost wonder if it's actually smoother. Nothing affecting the color. You won't even know it's on. I didn't even get a single bubble installing it, or any halo or rainbow effect. Fantastic!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones