Allow automatic updates

Last Updated:

1. nickkr

nickkr Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just how is this supposed to work?

Today I went to the Marketplace and was notified that Google Maps had an update available.
    As "Allow Automatic updates" is checked I would have thought that the update should download ....... erm .......automatically.

Nothing happened ....... until I stated to download something else from the Marketplace and hey presto down came the Maps update. This is the second time this has happened. I can only assume that by initiating a download the Desire is synched with the Market, but this doesn't occur by just browsing the Market.
    Any thoughts anyone?

Advertisement
  2. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Good question.

I'm seeing similar behaviour and kept meaning to ask here about it.

3. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

It works for me here, but I don't use the Market app everyday. I think you just happened to be using the Market when an update is released. I had an app update by itself last night while the phone was idle. I received a text and saw a notification for an update that happened about 20mins earlier without any input from me.

4. WozzaTT

WozzaTT Well-Known Member

Apologies for the slight hijack but has anyone been having problems with apps and updates downloading lately? I've got about 8 which are constantly trying to download but fail.

I know it's an old issue and I did recently change my googlemail account to gmail (which has been suggested as a cause) but I've since changed it back and no joy.

I've done the usual - off and on, flight mode, took the battery out etc.

It's a right pain :mad:.

5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

There are market problems this week. Loads of threads on this

6. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

Me too. I have a number of apps ticked for auto updating, but have yet to see any one of them actually do it.

7. mnemonicj

mnemonicj Well-Known Member

I am having the opposite problem, Google Maps was checked to Allow Automatic Updating and I never checked it. So, the last time I accessed the Market, Google Maps started downloading the update. I am kind of a control freak when it comes to updating so I know I would have never checked it. I hope Google isn't reaching into our phones... again Google Remotely Removes Apps From Android Phones For Security Reasons