• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Allow installation from unknown sources" keeps checking

Venial

Lurker
Jan 17, 2017
Hello guys,

My phone is driving me crazy, it keeps ticking the "Allow installation from unknown sources" without asking me, and apps install by themselves (like "smarter flashlight" or "GO Clock"). Well they would, if I didn't have Avast Mobile Security, which tells me every time one tries to, so I have to constantly uninstall them and uncheck the "unknown sources".
I guess I have a malware or something like that but I really don't know where it could come from, since I only installed safe apps.

Any guesses, common stuff happening to others or advices to identify and remove the troublemaker?

(I'd rather not to have to do a factory reset if you know what I mean)

Thanks guys !

Ok. The best way to cure the problem would be to flash the factory firmware., I am not at all familiar with this device. I did find this:

http://firmwarefile.com/cubot-note-s

If this virus has taken over administrative features then it is probably entrenched in your system partition. This cannot be cleared with a standard factory reset.
The other possibility (very possible) is that this Malware is actually a part of the firmware. This is becoming more and more common in budget devices from foreign markets. So you could also give CUBOT a call.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones