AllShareSupport

Last Updated:

1. kmorm

kmorm Member

Hey I bought a 10.1, 3G + 64GB, and it didn't come with allshare. So I don't know anything about streaming and I was wondering whether there was a different program to stream from computer to tab?

Advertisement
  2. Buddha64

Buddha64 Well-Known Member

kmorm likes this.
  3. kmorm

kmorm Member

Is there any instructions on how it is done? I think I might need a troubleshooting guide. I think I set it up correctly however I can't add devices or stream content from my computer. I also can't get either the Tab or my galaxys2 to recognize my each other.
  4. mrsbelpit

mrsbelpit Well-Known Member

Allshare comes with the 3.2 update. Have you checked for updates on your tab?
  5. kmorm

kmorm Member

My tab is only at 3.2.
    I'm pretty sure that the update hasn't been released yet in my area, i've tried to connect, my tab but it says it is up to date
  6. Buddha64

Buddha64 Well-Known Member

I connect fine. Connects to my Blueray player, and my TV. I even loaded Allshare on a non-Samsung PC and it connects.

Maybe a router setting preventing them from talking?
  7. fusion1275

fusion1275 Active Member

Got my 3.2 update today from Vodafone.

AllShare is sitting there all pretty and ready to stream. So it does get bundled in the upgrade. Confirmed.

Only thing is now is when I go to play any of my media from my server I get "Unsupported file format". Not sure what format it has to be to play.
  8. wahoobie

wahoobie Member

9. sdtag

sdtag Well-Known Member

That happened to me a lot. My recorder is saving in wtv format and the tab can't play it. I convert what I want to watch to mp4's. Pita. Same exact thing for my 5.0 player.
  10. RobDickson

RobDickson Well-Known Member

I think I must be missing something obvious, but his do I turn All Share off?

I've started the app and the icon is always showing at the bottom of my screen. I can't see any way of turning it off without turning the Tab off.
  11. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Well-Known Member

I have played around with AllShare and it works well, except for a bit of an odd organisation of the server folders when you pull media (eg. on the Tab search for file on PC). The probably is I cannot not get it to recognise other devices when I try to push media, eg on PC, it does not see any other devices when I hit "Play on another device"?
  12. Gladius Nova

Gladius Nova Active Member

13. Gladius Nova

Gladius Nova Active Member

You have to back out of each page (back arrow).
  14. RobDickson

RobDickson Well-Known Member

Thanks. That's what I do with most apps. I've no idea why I didn't this time.