Ally exchange issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I am trying to set up an exchange account for a customer, the username, password and server settings all seem to be going through frin but when IU get to the actual email inbox its all blank, no load more messages , no account name nothing. any tips? im going to try touchdown see if that helps.

Advertisement
  2. gndmepyon

gndmepyon Well-Known Member

Android 2.1 has sync issues with exchange. Lg is working on a fix for the issue.

3. heffe2001

heffe2001 Well-Known Member

Exchange on 2.1 works, with the exception of the Calendar (on the Ally anyway). If you're not seeing any mail on the system, check to make sure the server is configured for Active Sync push mail delivery, and working correctly.

4. scotttkd

scotttkd Member

The OTA version 8 update fixed the exchange calendar issue for me, not full server search support, but email and calendar pushing to the device fine.....took while for the calendar to sync up, but working fine

5. mrcolley

mrcolley New Member

This may be an issue with Exchange 2010 support with Android 2.1. I was just migrated to Exchange 2010 and I now have the same issue with the blank mailbox. During sync setup, I am being authenticated. If I change the username, I get an authentication error. When I look in the Outlook Web Access, under the Options-->Phone-->Mobile Phones, my device is not listed like the sync did not occur. I guess we can wait and see if 2.2 offers support for Exchange 2010.

6. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

Im putting in the same setting from my D2 yet I keep getting security error when trying to set up a corporate account on Ally 2.1... Something I need to change between the two??.. Really need sync for work...