Ally GPS ProblemsTips

Last Updated:

1. RedFury

RedFury Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For anyone having GPS problems with thier LG Ally, there is a quicks ettign that may be the culprit. It was set as the default on my phone.

Goto Settings>Location and Security and uncheck use wireless networks.

Was having issues with mine for a while and was getting rather upset.

Simple but possibly overlooked.

Advertisement
  2. TPR300C

TPR300C Well-Known Member

Thanks, I bought this phone for my mom and she lives it but she hated the fact that it would take 1-2 mins to locate gps. Now it finds it right away.

3. cdman2008

cdman2008 Member

the funny thing with this is, the navigation was almost instant finding my location but just going to google maps it took a few minutes if it found it at all. but this seems to fix the issue thanks.

4. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

Today I had a problem where Google Maps, usually moving along to keep up with icon showing were I was driving, has stopped moving. I have to either manually pan the map, or I end up driving out of the current view.

I looked for settings having to do with the map moving and following me, but could not find any.

Has anyone else had this issue, and is there some way I can fix it? I tried rebooting the Ally but it didn't help.

Zoandroid

5. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Interesting. I thought allowing it to use the wireless networks in addition to GPS would help things along, but if people are experiencing better performance with it unchecked, I'll have to try it.

6. curt_durt

curt_durt New Member

if you hit the "my locations" icon, it usually brings things back together. i also, have had this problem.

7. joeymogul

joeymogul Active Member

Damn...no change. Still up to five minutes to find me via GPS. (From the moment I activate GPS, then load navigation. Takes 5 minutes after that)