Ally is dead, which phone should I get?

Last Updated:

1. unicoder

unicoder Active Member This Topic's Starter

Alright I loved my LG Ally, but it wont load past the android screen no matter what I do. So I need to look into getting a new phone. I am a programmer and work on multiple apps im developing for the android platform

I don't know much about the phones because they are so numerous but I was thinking of a Droid X. I want Fast, big screen, something I can keep for a long time and not get outdated as soon as I get it. And something with alot of aftermarket support (probably cyanogen capable since the ally wasnt)

Is their a phone compare chart anywhere with the hardware ranked? Like CPU Speed, and Screen size and what not?

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I have the Droid x. I recommend it. I got my daughter the droid incredible because it's smaller, but I like the size and power of the DX. Feel free to PM me any other questions about it or this place.

Steven

3. unicoder

Thanks for the help.

Wonder if I should look for a used one since the new prices are so high, or just save up enough to drop $ on a new one.

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

+1 on the Droid X! It's an awesome phone...

Watch eBay for a used one... they show up now and then. I've also seen Droid X's listed here in our Classified forum.

5. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

I also recomend the droid X, its a great device.

im assuming you tried a factory data wipe on your ally and still no luck in getting it to turn on?

6. unicoder

cant even get to recovery mode.

7. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

I recommend something fascinating like per say the fascinate..great screen size, fast processor, and unlimited rooting possibilities like roms and kernels..