Ally not syncing properly with AOL emailSupport

Last Updated:

1. shyuh

shyuh New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else have this problem? You read an email (or delete an email) from Aol. Ally syncs to check for new emails, and the emails you have read or deleted pop up again as new emails.

Extremely frustrating and inconvenient, and was wondering if anyone else has this problem, and if there's a solution. Spoke to LG tech support and their solution was to delete the Aol IMAP account and add it again as a POP3 account, then select the 'Delete From Server' checkbox. (and they're supposedly working on a fix. this problem cropped up after i installed an update in August.) This solution seems to have solved that problem, but now it takes forever for Aol to sync with my Ally; and it drains the battery.

I set up GMail to sync up with Aol, but it's not instantaneous. Sometimes i don't get new emails for 30 minutes or more. Not good for business.

And the Aol mail mobile web page is slooooow.

Thanks!

jim

Advertisement
  2. cdman2008

cdman2008 Member

get rid of aol, get another email host

3. shyuh

if only it were that simple. I use my Aol account for business. You're talking a lot of networking/client stuff i'd have to change. so before i dive into that i'd live to see if there's a better workable solution.

4. DJAlmix

DJAlmix Well-Known Member

5. myfishbear

myfishbear Well-Known Member

i had a problem with yahoo like that. i just turn off my wifi and it syncs for me. i then delete my emails from my pc lol.

6. shyuh

just spoke to Tech support at LG. they're in the testing phases of the update to fix this issue.