• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ally Quadrant Scores

Were actually talking about 2 different Kernals here in two different roms.
GetItNowMarketing's and Death2all110's. Velocity 1.0 Vs. Frunisher 1.0 Beta
Now Granted Death2all110's is based off of GetItNowMarketing's source as he said.... but Deaths still beats Drells as of right now.

Quadrant score with Drell's @ 768 = 1308
Quadrant score with Death's @ 768 = 1359

Only 51 points different Will you ever see that amount of difference....
I doubt it.
**Edit**
HOLY POOP!!!

I just re-ran Drell's and I got this?!?!? 2284 :eek:

snap20110215_173632.png

Is that even possible?? :eek:
Thats gotta be some kind of fluke. LOL

WOW how did you do that?! Do you even have any apps on that phone

Upvote 0
WOW how did you do that?! Do you even have any apps on that phone

A quadrant score means nothing in terms of how good or great your phone may be. Chances are no one in this thread can even tell me without googling what your quadrant score represents and how it determines these scores. The app is nothing but a pissing contest and people posting that certain roms get certain scores just makes for bad blood.

Stop posting this ******ed shit.

Upvote 0
A quadrant score means nothing in terms of how good or great your phone may be. Chances are no one in this thread can even tell me without googling what your quadrant score represents and how it determines these scores. The app is nothing but a pissing contest and people posting that certain roms get certain scores just makes for bad blood.

Ok so how do I find out how fast my phone is then?

Upvote 0

Somebody is in a bad mood. And yes you're right nobody knows what it means, they just know that its an overall score... which is fine considering most of us just want our phones to be fast and don't care exactly what parameters are being measured.

Most of us just know that when our phones are stock and scoring 300 its not an enjoyable experience, but when its properly mod'ed and getting 1500 it runs phenomenally faster/smoother... so the numbers obviously mean something, even if it is a relative value. Of course it isn't meant to be taken absolutely serious, like 1350 vs 1250 isn't going to make or break somebody's choice of ROM (at least it shouldn't), just in general the higher the better.

There is nothing wrong with people wanting to have high scores, this is a forum where people go to have questions answered, not to be told to "Stop posting this *******ed shit." when they are curious about something.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Everyone feeling better now? Good.... let's get back on-topic, shall we? ;)

As pointed out, Quadrant (and any other benchmark) means nothing other than as a comparison of similar devices. One also shouldn't assume that two otherwise identical handsets will score the same; manufacturing tolerances alone guarantee that some chips will perform better than others.

Upvote 0
Hopefully this isn't off topic. I have run the benchmark several times at different clock speeds and noticed that I consistently score higher at 768mhz than I do at 787mhz. Not a complaint simply an observation, wondering if anyone else has run into this as well. I found it strange. Maybe I just don't fully understand the inner workings of my device.

Upvote 0
Hopefully this isn't off topic. I have run the benchmark several times at different clock speeds and noticed that I consistently score higher at 768mhz than I do at 787mhz. Not a complaint simply an observation, wondering if anyone else has run into this as well. I found it strange. Maybe I just don't fully understand the inner workings of my device.

That just means your chip performs best at that speed. All of our processors vary in speed and stability.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones